Casein - Wow!

What do you guys think???

[quote]ybthere1 wrote:

What do you guys think???[/quote]

If it’s true then it sucks… except for the morphine part.

With the amount of attention given to the negative effects of glycocamine, one would think that information about casein being cancer-causing, autism-inducing opiate would be well known. This is true especially considering many of the products sold by not only Biotest, but also most protein supplement brands are casein products.

Since it is milk based PETA and other similar groups have been pumping out disinformation about casein and other dairy related products for years.

It is hard to separate the truth from the fiction.

[quote]ybthere1 wrote:

What do you guys think???[/quote]

“Based on the criteria used by the U.S. government’s program for determining whether chemicals are carcinogenic, casein is very likely the most relevant chemical carcinogen we consume[3].” The cite for this statement was to a quack.

Still, it would be interesting to hear from Bill Roberts or Cy Willson.

Check your sources, it is Wikipedia after all.

The cancer claim “source” leads you to a pro-vegan website with an article talking about the (mild) opiate effects of casein. It says absolutely nothing about it as a carcinogen.

I’ve done a little more research and have come across not a few sources that say the same stuff.

This links to a report that concludes basically the same thing that was mentioned in the Wikipedia article, although with more detail.

Casein is the main carcinogenic in our society?

So all those people drinking milk could as well be smoking?

This sounds like lame pro-vegan bullshit.

Also the fact that a certain type of proteins can aggravate a rare disease, is no reason to cause healthy athletes to stay away from these same proteins, which have been consumed by mankind for thousands of years.

This wikipedia page is really incomplete and pathetic, and the fact that these “health issues” are listed, suggests to me that tofu rots brains.

Come to think of it, after my wife drinks milk, she gets extremely tired. Maybe this is the reason.

[quote]ybthere1 wrote:
Come to think of it, after my wife drinks milk, she gets extremely tired. Maybe this is the reason.[/quote]

So do many people. That’s why the old wives’ trick to insomnia was to have a glass of warm milk. Is it a form of poisoning? I really doubt it.

Thats just fucking stupid. OK boys and girls, don’t drink breast milk. Makes a lot of sense.

My guess is that milk makes your wife very sleepy because it’s very insulinogenic, as opposed to come obscure action by way of slow-digesting casein. Ockham’s Razor, anyone?

The point of this thread is that there is anecdotal evidence that points to casein having harmful effects. Again, let me remind you of the furor over Muscle Milk containing glycocamine which also had anecdotal evidence pointing to possible adverse health effects. Everybody is very quick to just say something snappy and witty without actually considering that there might be some truth to this.

Am I going to stop drinking casein? No. Not until there is more substantial proof. But will I CONSIDER buying whey or some other source of protein next time? Probably.

[quote]BusterBob wrote:
My guess is that milk makes your wife very sleepy because it’s very insulinogenic, as opposed to come obscure action by way of slow-digesting casein. Ockham’s Razor, anyone?[/quote]

I don’t see how Ockham’s Razor couldn’t apply to an obscure action of milk and insulin levels as well as any other argument. It was an off-the-cuff post and was not meant to be a verifiable proof of anything, ya’ numbskull.

Dont forget Wikipedia isn’t a real encyclopedia, anyone can write their two cents on that.

Thats the most retarded thing i ever heard milk causing cancer. definitely some bullshit right there. Most people drink alot of milk, and basing off the legendary food pyramid that average people need 3 servings of a dairy product a day. The government even approves the food pyramid.

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
Dont forget Wikipedia isn’t a real encyclopedia, anyone can write their two cents on that.

Thats the most retarded thing i ever heard milk causing cancer. definitely some bullshit right there. Most people drink alot of milk, and basing off the legendary food pyramid that average people need 3 servings of a dairy product a day. The government even approves the food pyramid.[/quote]

The government approves cigarettes, too.

[quote]ybthere1 wrote:
JMac10 wrote:

Thats the most retarded thing i ever heard milk causing cancer. definitely some bullshit right there. Most people drink alot of milk, and basing off the legendary food pyramid that average people need 3 servings of a dairy product a day. The government even approves the food pyramid.

The government approves cigarettes, too. [/quote]

With a surgeon general’s warning branded on them…

[quote]lazyaxus11 wrote:
ybthere1 wrote:
JMac10 wrote:

The government approves cigarettes, too.

With a surgeon general’s warning branded on them…[/quote]

yea, last time i checked i didn’t see any surgeon general’s warning on my milk carton.

[quote]JMac10 wrote:
yea, last time i checked i didn’t see any surgeon general’s warning on my milk carton. [/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA

Casein protein causing cancer?

so that means anyone taking Metabolic Drive shakes are promoting cancer?

All we do is drink milk when we are babies, and we didn’t grow up with brain tumors.

I’d would definitely like to solid research supporting this.

We are the only species on earth that continues to drink milk after we are weaned and it’s not even human milk, it is cows milk. An interesting read is The China Study. The book has disease statistics on every region of the world. The conclusion of the studies is that all human disease is caused by animal protein. People that live in regions that ingest no or very little animal protein have virtually no disease.