Casein Protein Before Bed?

[quote]gavinhenson wrote:

[quote]bwbski wrote:
I do. Use some MD low Carb, and some almond butter. great night cap. [/quote]

you’re not really a great ad for it though are you?[/quote]

[quote]dre1986 wrote:

[quote]BiP wrote:

[quote]dre1986 wrote:

Waitrose low-fat is pretty good - best i’ve had anyway

compared to ASDA’s it tastes like steak!!
[/quote]

Since writing that post I have actually switched to Waitrose cottage cheese (full fat), and I have to say it is so far the ONLY British cottage cheese that I can eat plain! I don’t, but I could. I still consider Polish ones to be far superior (the texture is completely different), but this is something that I can actually eat.

B.[/quote]

ha fair play - i’ve never tried the polish stuff so i cant comment [/quote]

I’ve noticed the same with all the low fat English cottage cheese. You couldn’t pay me to choke that stuff down. Any full fat (M&S, Sainsburys or Waitrose) mixed with a little Splenda or vanilla whey taste’s awesome. I have it for dessert every night.

[quote]jared530 wrote:

[quote]mketodd wrote:

[quote]jared530 wrote:
i microwave 10 egg whites and throw it in the blender with 2 scoops of casein. Does the trick[/quote]

And drink it?

Never thought of that…

could be on to something very good…

+1[/quote]

Yea drink it. Its extremely conveinient instead of choking each component down seperately. Do same think for the morning shake: 10 microwaved egg whites, 1C oats, and scoop of whey for flavor. I add like 8 peices of ice because the whites are way hot.

Try it, takes about 2-3min. [/quote]

Will do, hahaha

I’m gonna try a half portion instead. I’d be willing to choke down a shake for convenience purposes. Eating 5 eggs and a cup of oats is time consuming. Especially before work in the a.m.

Tried upping my casein before bed and ive put on 2 solid kg in the last 10weeks, been experiencing very severe diarrohea too though.

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:
@Byron:

I’ve used casein protein for months in the past and after not using it since January this year and replacing it with a meal I’ve made better gains.

If you can manage to have a lean protein source veggies before bed, do it. I don’t think casein is worth it.[/quote]

Tried what you suggested and it didn’t work. Not that surprised, i figured you wouldn’t know what you are talking about.

No one doing the whey protein mixed with a shot of olive oil thing anymore? Works for me :slight_smile:

[quote]millasur wrote:
No one doing the whey protein mixed with a shot of olive oil thing anymore? Works for me :)[/quote]

No, no one is doing that.

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:

[quote]millasur wrote:
No one doing the whey protein mixed with a shot of olive oil thing anymore? Works for me :)[/quote]

No, no one is doing that.[/quote]

bahahahahahahaha lol great response.

although next time i decide to bulk maybe ill give this a shot… actually no fuck that haha id rather pour the oil on my rice or something

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:
@Byron:

I’ve used casein protein for months in the past and after not using it since January this year and replacing it with a meal I’ve made better gains.

If you can manage to have a lean protein source veggies before bed, do it. I don’t think casein is worth it.[/quote]

Tried what you suggested and it didn’t work. Not that surprised, i figured you wouldn’t know what you are talking about.[/quote]
OP you sound like a douche! Casein is not magical. Steak will trump it every time. If you are getting the same amount of protein from a steak, and the same amount from a Casein protein powder, the difference in results would be small. But you know what would win over time? Steak. Because you are actually getting some nutrients along with that protein, not to mention additional calories from the fat.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:

[quote]millasur wrote:
No one doing the whey protein mixed with a shot of olive oil thing anymore? Works for me :)[/quote]

No, no one is doing that.[/quote]

bahahahahahahaha lol great response.

although next time i decide to bulk maybe ill give this a shot… actually no fuck that haha id rather pour the oil on my rice or something[/quote]
Ive done bulking shakes with olive oil, and even now if I have the need for a scoop of protein powder I will add a fat to it. Using more coconut oil now but still use olive oil every now and then.

Byron you are definately a douche.

[quote]jared530 wrote:

Yea drink it. Its extremely conveinient instead of choking each component down seperately. Do same think for the morning shake: 10 microwaved egg whites, 1C oats, and scoop of whey for flavor. I add like 8 peices of ice because the whites are way hot.

Try it, takes about 2-3min. [/quote]

Do you cook the oats first?

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:

[quote]millasur wrote:
No one doing the whey protein mixed with a shot of olive oil thing anymore? Works for me :)[/quote]

No, no one is doing that.[/quote]

bahahahahahahaha lol great response.

although next time i decide to bulk maybe ill give this a shot… actually no fuck that haha id rather pour the oil on my rice or something[/quote]
Ive done bulking shakes with olive oil, and even now if I have the need for a scoop of protein powder I will add a fat to it. Using more coconut oil now but still use olive oil every now and then.

Byron you are definately a douche. [/quote]

Thanks for clarifying your oil preferences.

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:
Tried what you suggested and it didn’t work. Not that surprised, i figured you wouldn’t know what you are talking about.[/quote]

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:
No, no one is doing that.[/quote]

[quote]ByronKelleher wrote:
Thanks for clarifying your oil preferences.[/quote]

hahahah fucking excellent posts.

Steak is not magical, eggs will trump it every time. If you’re getting the same amount of protein from the eggs as from the steak, the bioavalibility of protein from eggs is slightly higher and you’re getting an eggcellent source of fat and micronutrients with it.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Although interesting to compare:

24 g protein = 36 g casein (130 cals)
24 g protein = ~92 g top round steak (~155 cals)
24 g protein = 190 g eggs (~4 large eggs) (296 cals)

Casein = good for cutting
eggs = good for bulking

:slight_smile:

[quote]ds1973 wrote:
Steak is not magical, eggs will trump it every time. If you’re getting the same amount of protein from the eggs as from the steak, the bioavalibility of protein from eggs is slightly higher and you’re getting an eggcellent source of fat and micronutrients with it.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Although interesting to compare:

24 g protein = 36 g casein (130 cals)
24 g protein = ~92 g top round steak (~155 cals)
24 g protein = 190 g eggs (~4 large eggs) (296 cals)

Casein = good for cutting
eggs = good for bulking

:)[/quote]

LOL you analytical bastard! (;

how much zinc in eggs though bro? (:

No idea, but forgot to add that steak = good for maintenance… LOL