Casein From Eggs?

I’ve been told casein protein is simply derived from eggs, just as whey is from milk, and soy obviously from the laboring men who can’t get it up.

If so, I was hoping someone could finally enlighten me just as to how fast one is absorbed into the blood, and when it finally filters out.

Whey I take it is around 10-15 depending on if it’s isolate or concentrate, and only stays in your system for about an hour after the fact.
Does this work for milk as well, and if so why even take whey why not just take casein w/ milk, I mean obviously you need protein ASAP, but I just don’t see the reason for the whey hype when the quality of the protein is seemingly inconclusive and the benefits of slower absorbing protein would highly outweigh any protein quality.

You can’t even buy micellar casein at the GNC. WHAT GIVES?!!@

No, casein is from dairy as well.

The main reason people use protein powders is that they are way more concentrated than milk, and don’t contain the other crap that milk has.

[quote]caselorance wrote:
You can’t even buy micellar casein at the GNC. WHAT GIVES?!@
[/quote]

GNC is crap. Buy online from reputable sources.

I use a whey/micellar casein blend.
Buy it here:

I’ve used iron-tek and I can tell you by the way it mixes it has very little micellar casien. Trust me.

Iron Tek is crap as is Muscle Milk. Get some Metabolic Drive or make your own blend.

While my first choice over the years has always been Met Drive, if I were to suggest anything else it’d be Beverly Nutrition’s UMP protein Powder (I suggest the cookies n cream flavor! -lol)

S

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I’ve used iron-tek and I can tell you by the way it mixes it has very little micellar casien. Trust me.[/quote]

Curious. What’s the give away? Not as clumpy?

A. Anything with a hefty dose (like more than 50%) of micellar casein will have a ‘chalky’ mouth feel. It will also mix rather thickly with water and ice in a blender, 2 scoops and some water and ice is literally like a milkshake. If you mix 1 scoop with a tiny bit of water (a couple tablespoons or so) it will become kind of fluffy (which taste really good).

You use an equally small amount of water with one scoop of whey, or something primarily whey…it will basically be soup.

Your kind of shooting blind if you’ve never a real quality MICELLAR casein product, particularly one that is at least 60%.

But once you’ve had one, you will know the difference instantly.

Also, hefty doses of micellar casein make the powder of a very ‘fluffy’ texture in the container where where whey is much smoother and dense.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
A. Anything with a hefty dose (like more than 50%) of micellar casein will have a ‘chalky’ mouth feel. It will also mix rather thickly with water and ice in a blender, 2 scoops and some water and ice is literally like a milkshake. If you mix 1 scoop with a tiny bit of water (a couple tablespoons or so) it will become kind of fluffy (which taste really good).

You use an equally small amount of water with one scoop of whey, or something primarily whey…it will basically be soup.

Your kind of shooting blind if you’ve never a real quality MICELLAR casein product, particularly one that is at least 60%.

But once you’ve had one, you will know the difference instantly.

Also, hefty doses of micellar casein make the powder of a very ‘fluffy’ texture in the container where where whey is much smoother and dense.[/quote]

Good post. All this is true.