Carwin vs Lesnar?

I hope Carwin breaks Lesnars jaw.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Did you really just say Lesnar has a stronger nose?
I see how home state favoritism plays there, but get the fuck outta here with that shit! What des that even mean?
[/quote]
Trying to be clever. Guess I missed the mark

What does jumbled mean and how did it effect his performance?

Again, I wasn’t trying to criticize Carwin as much as I was trying to make a point. Carwin is an exciting fighter, I am a fan, and I have said before that it will be a good fight.

how?

yep, here we go.

whatever. I have talked up Carwin in the other Lesnar/Carwin thread. I fully aware of what type of athlete and fighter he is.

[quote]
Lesnar’s a big, strong athletic dude who can obviously bring it, but his weaknesses appear to be Carwins strengths, and his strengths are also Carwins strengths. I’d be truly surprised if he doesn’t get ktfo. [/quote]
Good to see we have some real critical thinkers here. So they are even in all but Brock’s weaknesses? Interesting.

Size - Lesnar
Quickess - Lesnar
Wrestling - Lesnar
Cage time with better opponents - Lesnar

Stiking - Carwin

JJ - who knows. hard to say who would have a meaningfull advantage here. I don’t see either of these guy submitting each other.

The following ones I would probably give to Lesnar, but just for arguments sake we’ll say they are even

Conditioning
Strenth
Clinch / Dirty boxing

Da mma math never works.

I think Carwin could KO Brock however my prediction is TKO stoppage from GNP in favour of Lesnar. (I hope I am wrong)

[quote]dhickey wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Did you really just say Lesnar has a stronger nose?
I see how home state favoritism plays there, but get the fuck outta here with that shit! What des that even mean?

Trying to be clever. Guess I missed the mark

The guy’s never really been tagged, and the few glancing blows that have “connected” made him all jumbled.

What does jumbled mean and how did it effect his performance?

Once again, Carwin got his nose broken, and as Sento pointed out swept to the ground and then stood up with a 250+lb bag of meat draped all over him and crushed the dude with an arm punch. AN ARM PUNCH.

Again, I wasn’t trying to criticize Carwin as much as I was trying to make a point. Carwin is an exciting fighter, I am a fan, and I have said before that it will be a good fight.

Yeah Lesnar’s spent more total time in the ring against “superior” opponents, but that doesn’t tell me much other than with the refs help

how?

he can beat a middle aged guy who hasn’t fought in a year and a half and can look decent against a half-asser.

yep, here we go.

Carwin’s not middle-aged and won’t half ass it.

whatever. I have talked up Carwin in the other Lesnar/Carwin thread. I fully aware of what type of athlete and fighter he is.

Lesnar’s a big, strong athletic dude who can obviously bring it, but his weaknesses appear to be Carwins strengths, and his strengths are also Carwins strengths. I’d be truly surprised if he doesn’t get ktfo.
Good to see we have some real critical thinkers here. So they are even in all but Brock’s weaknesses? Interesting.

Size - Lesnar
Quickess - Lesnar
Wrestling - Lesnar
Cage time with better opponents - Lesnar

Stiking - Carwin

JJ - who knows. hard to say who would have a meaningfull advantage here. I don’t see either of these guy submitting each other.

The following ones I would probably give to Lesnar, but just for arguments sake we’ll say they are even

Conditioning
Strenth
Clinch / Dirty boxing

[/quote]

What I wrote didn’t come out as clear as I meant. I totally agree that Lesnar’s probably stonger and a better wrestler, and that he’s quicker on his feet, but think Carwin’s quicker with his hands and would assume that he’s better in jj, based off of his submitting a few people. I would guess Carwin has an edge in conditioning with all other training variables being equal 'cause he trains in high altitudes. I actually don’t dislike Lesnar, but do think he’s benefitted a great deal from Dana White and the MMA hype machine, not to mention fighting people who probably didn’t train as hard as they should’ve 'cause they thought he was a sideshow. Don’t think Carwin’s gonna approach this like that. No matter what happens, this is shaping up to be one hell of a fight.

Look for Brock to work the kicks. I just got a feeling…

brock lesnar TKO fist round…brock hasent been givin enought time to show what he can do becuase he only had 4 fights and carwin had 11.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
brock lesnar TKO fist round…brock hasent been givin enought time to show what he can do becuase he only had 4 fights and carwin had 11.[/quote]

Do you listen to yourself when you speak or do you drift in and out?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:
brock lesnar TKO fist round…brock hasent been givin enought time to show what he can do becuase he only had 4 fights and carwin had 11.

Do you listen to yourself when you speak or do you drift in and out?[/quote]

oh yeah i forgat thats not true is it.brock had the same ammount of time in the ring as carwin.

and its called weed bitch makes u say stuff that faggets cant understand =)

YOu want an and on about becoming super big and strong and you smoke weed?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
What I wrote didn’t come out as clear as I meant. I totally agree that Lesnar’s probably stonger and a better wrestler, and that he’s quicker on his feet, but think Carwin’s quicker with his hands and would assume that he’s better in jj, based off of his submitting a few people.
[/quote]
100% agree. From what we’ve seen of both I would say Carwin has a significant advantage in the stand-up. I’m not so sure on the JJ. I think it’s reasonable to assume that Carwin has more experience in practicing JJ. I am not sure this will provide him an advantage in actually submitting Lesnar. The question is if Carwin’s JJ offense is any better than Lesnar’s JJ defence. I say it’s not, but we shall see. Lesnar is not going to submit Carwin unless he has him seriously rocked and visa versa.

Lesnar’s conditioning is one of his strengths. The guy is an animal and I doubt many can top his dedication to conditioning. Carwin may be able to meet it, but I doubt he will have an advantage here. If Lesnar fails at TDs against Carwin he will certainly pay the price. Other than Lesnar attempting and failing at TDs, I struggle to assume that Carwin has any significant advantage here.

This is a reasonable argument. To make this argument one would have to point out another HW that has faced better competition in their first handful of fights. Most up and comers are fed much less dangerous opponents. I do think Carwin is his toughest match-up, but I also think Lesnar is a bigger jump in competition for Carwin. Sweet fight no matter who you are pulling for.

This is bullshit. Almost as sad and the argument that he benefited from questionable refereeing. If any of his opponents were in fact not preparing for him appropriately, they are complete idiots. Lesnar is a huge pay check for anyone that fights him. Beating Lesnar almost guarantees huge PPV numbers in subsequent fights. If any other HWs care about pay checks, Lesnar is the biggest fight of their career.

[quote]
Don’t think Carwin’s gonna approach this like that. No matter what happens, this is shaping up to be one hell of a fight.[/quote]
100% agree. Can’t wait.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

oh yeah i forgat thats not true is it.brock had the same ammount of time in the ring as carwin.

and its called weed bitch makes u say stuff that faggets cant understand =)[/quote]

Hey little guy, be quiet when adults are talking. Lesnar’s actually spent almost double the time in the ring that Carwin has in less than half the fights. If you’re gonna try and insult someone you sould spell correctly and use appropriate punctuation to convey your point. Bringing facts with you wouldn’t hurt. Also, don’t be a dick riding cake.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

Hey little guy, be quiet when adults are talking. Lesnar’s actually spent almost double the time in the ring that Carwin has in less than half the fights. If you’re gonna try and insult someone you sould spell correctly and use appropriate punctuation to convey your point. Bringing facts with you wouldn’t hurt. Also, don’t be a dick riding cake.[/quote]

im not gonna lie that last part made me laugth…what i meant is we only seen the ground and pound lesnar maybe he has some stand up that he hasent shown yet thats all im saying.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

Hey little guy, be quiet when adults are talking. Lesnar’s actually spent almost double the time in the ring that Carwin has in less than half the fights. If you’re gonna try and insult someone you sould spell correctly and use appropriate punctuation to convey your point. Bringing facts with you wouldn’t hurt. Also, don’t be a dick riding cake.

im not gonna lie that last part made me laugth…what i meant is we only seen the ground and pound lesnar maybe he has some stand up that he hasent shown yet thats all im saying.

[/quote]

maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t. i think he doesn’t, i don’t buy it

i want to see a high pace fight like Couture-Nog… they fought like featherweights. But i guess that will not happen, cause there will not be enough air in the arena.

I dont like it but i think lesnar is the favourite here. He fought tougher opponents and i may be wrong but carwin seems a lot slower to me than lesnar.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

[/quote]

Lesnar’s obviously got some power, but he still looks a little awkward in his stand-up and I just don’t think he has “it”. Boxers will tell you you’re either born with “it” or you’re not.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
What I wrote didn’t come out as clear as I meant. I totally agree that Lesnar’s probably stonger and a better wrestler, and that he’s quicker on his feet, but think Carwin’s quicker with his hands and would assume that he’s better in jj, based off of his submitting a few people.

100% agree. From what we’ve seen of both I would say Carwin has a significant advantage in the stand-up. I’m not so sure on the JJ. I think it’s reasonable to assume that Carwin has more experience in practicing JJ. I am not sure this will provide him an advantage in actually submitting Lesnar. The question is if Carwin’s JJ offense is any better than Lesnar’s JJ defence. I say it’s not, but we shall see. Lesnar is not going to submit Carwin unless he has him seriously rocked and visa versa.

I would guess Carwin has an edge in conditioning with all other training variables being equal 'cause he trains in high altitudes.

Lesnar’s conditioning is one of his strengths. The guy is an animal and I doubt many can top his dedication to conditioning. Carwin may be able to meet it, but I doubt he will have an advantage here. If Lesnar fails at TDs against Carwin he will certainly pay the price. Other than Lesnar attempting and failing at TDs, I struggle to assume that Carwin has any significant advantage here.

I actually don’t dislike Lesnar, but do think he’s benefitted a great deal from Dana White and the MMA hype machine,

This is a reasonable argument. To make this argument one would have to point out another HW that has faced better competition in their first handful of fights. Most up and comers are fed much less dangerous opponents. I do think Carwin is his toughest match-up, but I also think Lesnar is a bigger jump in competition for Carwin. Sweet fight no matter who you are pulling for.

not to mention fighting people who probably didn’t train as hard as they should’ve 'cause they thought he was a sideshow.

This is bullshit. Almost as sad and the argument that he benefited from questionable refereeing. If any of his opponents were in fact not preparing for him appropriately, they are complete idiots. Lesnar is a huge pay check for anyone that fights him. Beating Lesnar almost guarantees huge PPV numbers in subsequent fights. If any other HWs care about pay checks, Lesnar is the biggest fight of their career.

Don’t think Carwin’s gonna approach this like that. No matter what happens, this is shaping up to be one hell of a fight.
100% agree. Can’t wait.
[/quote]

The only arguing I’m gonna do here is Mir got $45,000 for the second Lesnar fight, and Lesnar got 300k. That blows my mind that in a title fight the challenger gets less than 50 large with the amount of money the UFC is making off of these fights.

[quote]xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

and its called weed bitch makes u say stuff that faggets cant understand =)[/quote]

shhhh dont let teh chronic keep you down bro, but your still a cake rider

[quote]Brotard09 wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
xxxwtfxxx wrote:

shhhh dont let teh chronic keep you down bro, but your still a cake rider

[/quote]

IM NOT A CAKE RIDER!!! GOD!!!

This is the second thread on this subject. If you go back and watch the Lesnar-RC fight its pretty obvious that randy’s skill was dominating the fight, but he didn’t have the size to close the deal. Carwin is a big dude. He will not be manhandled like randy or mir were. Carwin is a better puncher and actually has a standup game more advanced than a pissed off gorilla. As for the ground game, are brocks wrestling skills that much more advanced than Carwins? They were both champions in college. The truth is that Brock hasn’t proved himself yet. Shane Carwin will be the first fighter that has a comparable size and wrestling ability. One of two things will happen in this fight. Brock will get his ass knocked out in the first 2 mins, or it will be one long ass wrestling match.