Cars - Euro Cool

1937 MB 540K. Gorgeous.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
SM, the XK is nice, but the most beautiful car is the Bugatti Type 57 Atlantic.[/quote]

Seriously? You compare the XK with that? Now if you’d said a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud you’d have been wrong but still in the same league. Jags and Rolls and Bentleys all have a level of class and sophistication that exceeds any other cars on earth.

Still the best looking car ever built. XJ13 prototype.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Jags and Rolls and Bentleys all have a level of class and sophistication that exceeds any other cars on earth…[/quote]

None of which can hold a candle to the MB540K I posted above.

In this pic, a 1936 Delahaye Type 135S, made in France.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Still the best looking car ever built. XJ13 prototype.[/quote]

Beautiful. It was a mid-engine V12, iirc.

I don’t like the lines. They’re more aerodynamic sure. But the British cars look better. More classy, refined and prestigious.

1939 Bentley

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
The XK Jaguar in British racing green. This really is the finest looking machine ever made. In British racing green, with all that brass and wood panelling and leather. Absolutely beautiful. If only they had German engineering and didn’t break down all the time. Does anyone disagree that this is the finest looking car ever made?[/quote]

Finest looking car? Perhaps.

Finest looking automobile? Not when I get done with my van it won’t be.
[/quote]

It seems a bit sacrilegious to paint over the Mystery Machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221669954812?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

an Italian and a Swede walk into a bar

^^^

Awesome. My neighbor had one of those when I was growing up. The long, wedge-like front end always reminded me of the Aston Martin Lagonda.

Spyker C8, one of the most beautiful interiors I’ve ever seen on a car. Declared bankruptcy in December, hoping to restructure and continue production of this Dutch beauty.

Interior 1

If you’ve never driven a 911, do yourself a favor and take one for a spin. Nothing comes close

There are M5’s, and then every other fast sedan trying to be an M5.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Interior 1[/quote]

Looks like a sound studio - padded walls, amp box steel, audio dials etc.

For me a cockpit has to have style. I like the Euro luxury interiors with wood panelling and instruments that look like they were made by a Swiss watch maker.

The science fiction interior can look pretty cool though. The Pagani Huayra interior is incredible.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
There are M5’s, and then every other fast sedan trying to be an M5. [/quote]

The e39’s are still one of my favorite cars of all time. I also wouldn’t mind an '03 Audi RS6 for winter weather.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

The e39’s are still one of my favorite cars of all time. I also wouldn’t mind an '03 Audi RS6 for winter weather. [/quote]

LOVE the E39, check out http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?form_request=56&action=results&showres=1&1268_0=17&selLevel_1268B0D=1&selLevel_1268B1D=17&1574_0=1

the prices are a bit high, but their cars look mint.

Runaway from anything sold at the time, in any weather, and bring the dog.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

The e39’s are still one of my favorite cars of all time. I also wouldn’t mind an '03 Audi RS6 for winter weather. [/quote]

LOVE the E39, check out http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?form_request=56&action=results&showres=1&1268_0=17&selLevel_1268B0D=1&selLevel_1268B1D=17&1574_0=1

the prices are a bit high, but their cars look mint. [/quote]

A bit high?!?!?!

$92000 for an M5?

I’ll take this one for $30,000 and rebuild the engine.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/bmw/m5/1704541.html

Edit: nvm, because the E28 was pictured, that’s what I thought you guys were talking about. But did you see what that place wanted for their E28?

E28 and E30 M model BMW’s are increasing in value these days, similar to air-cooled Porsche’s.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
E28 and E30 M model BMW’s are increasing in value these days, similar to air-cooled Porsche’s. [/quote]

I saw a mint 2003 M5 with sub 40k miles on it maybe two years ago on auto trader for $25k. I knew at the time I should have snatched it up.