T Nation

Career Suicide

I was watching TV today and that litle troll from the Dixie Chicks came on, whining about how her comments about President Bush has damaged their career, and I got to thinking about others celebrities that have committed career suicide, or near it, with goofs. I suppose they could be divided into thre groups: 1)career suicide. 2)SERIOUS damage, as in cost them tons of money, and 3) Should have been career suicide if this were not such a forgiving country.

OJ-career suicide
Michael Richards-ditto
Koby-Cost himself a shitload of money
Robert Blake-Career suicide to a career that was already dead
Jimmy the Greek-FIRED!!

George Micheal-SERIOUS damage, but come on, who didn’t know this guy was gay.

Rosie O’Donnell-Near career suicide every time she speaks.
Natalie Maines (Dixie Chicks ) SERIOUS damage, and she took her two bandmates down with her.

Rob Lowe-Serious Damage, but he is working.
R Kelly- you’re done bro.
Michael Vick-Jury’s still out on that one (no pun intended)
Ray Lewis-I guess if you are a good enough athlete, you can participate in a murder and still be a celeb.
Margot Kidder-look it up. She won’t be working again.

others?

[quote]40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.[/quote]

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?

dripdripdrip

[quote]Professor X wrote:
40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?[/quote]

Yeah, I suppose he should go under “should have…”

You just shouldn’t be pissing on little girls man…

Jane Fonda.

She should’ve been tried for treason, as far as I’m concerned.

[quote]40&Big wrote:
Professor X wrote:
40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?

Yeah, I suppose he should go under “should have…”

You just shouldn’t be pissing on little girls man…

[/quote]

Let alone sticking your weewee into them.

Mel Gibson and his anti-semite rant?

I’m surprised that, as sentiment against the War in Iraq grows, the Dixie Chicks don’t make more and more money off that comment.

America is fickle.

On topic- Eliot Spitzer? Not sure if politics count.

First I’m gonna pee-pee . . .

[quote]Professor X wrote:
40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?[/quote]

Well the way I see it, you can either get pissed on or move the fuck out the way- Boondocks

[quote]Otep wrote:
I’m surprised that, as sentiment against the War in Iraq grows, the Dixie Chicks don’t make more and more money off that comment.

America is fickle.

On topic- Eliot Spitzer? Not sure if politics count.[/quote]

Country has a specific demographic and unfortunately for them, that demographic supports Bush

Also Sinead O’Conner and when she tore up the Pope’s picture and said “Fight the real enemy” or something to that effect on SNL when SNL was still funny

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?

Well the way I see it, you can either get pissed on or move the fuck out the way- Boondocks[/quote]

Agreed.

“If I see pee coming, I move.”
-Riley

[quote]rsg wrote:
40&Big wrote:
Professor X wrote:
40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?

Yeah, I suppose he should go under “should have…”

You just shouldn’t be pissing on little girls man…

Let alone sticking your weewee into them.

Mel Gibson and his anti-semite rant?[/quote]

Nope, he makes his own movies now and again, too many silently support his views.

Bill Clinton- Dodged career suicide with numerous …extracuricular activities…outside of his marriage. One the Monica thing was found out, it wold have been over for anyone other than him.

Rappers who should’ve known better…the audience has a very short attention span.

Shyne
Black Rob
Cassidy
Mystical
Beanie Sigel

There’s a whole lot more but these stand out as real shames considering the talent they displayed in the begining

[quote]Otep wrote:
I’m surprised that, as sentiment against the War in Iraq grows, the Dixie Chicks don’t make more and more money off that comment.

America is fickle.

[/quote]

Think about who listens to country.

edit- shit, i should read the thread before responding.

I like the Dixie Chicks.

Didn’t Sharon Stone say something stupid recently about the quake is China being the result of karma? However, I don’t know if she has a career to kill.

Hugh Grant - I think he still does movies though.

Going with the political theme, Michael DeWayne Brown, former director of FEMA.

“Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job,” G.W. Bush.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
Rappers who should’ve known better…the audience has a very short attention span.

Shyne
Black Rob
Cassidy
Mystical
Beanie Sigel

There’s a whole lot more but these stand out as real shames considering the talent they displayed in the begining[/quote]

didnt mystical rape some girl?
cassidy didnt commit career suicide, he beat that murder charger and has talked about it in every single song hes released since his acquittal lol Mudrder charges in the rap industry are good for business.

Lohan is a good example of career suicide and that hannah montanah girl is gettin close

[quote]gsxtacy wrote:
Mudrder charges in the rap industry are good for business.
[/quote]

Ain’t that the shameful truth

[quote]Qaash wrote:
rsg wrote:
40&Big wrote:
Professor X wrote:
40&Big wrote:

R Kelly- you’re done bro.

Hahahahahaha!

You don’t understand his fans too well, huh?

Yeah, I suppose he should go under “should have…”

You just shouldn’t be pissing on little girls man…

Let alone sticking your weewee into them.

Mel Gibson and his anti-semite rant?

Nope, he makes his own movies now and again, too many silently support his views.[/quote]

I’ll watch a Mel Gibson movie because I like his acting/directing.

Tom Cruise, anyone?