Care to tear a diet up?

Hi ProteinPowda,
If you read some of the posts - especially the last post you’ll see I post my body fat as 15% and my weight as 204 - i.e. LBM of 173.
I’m not interested in loosing LBM or ‘weight’ my priority is fat.

How much do I need for maintaineance of LBM?

Maintenance calories are different for everyone. The only way for you to determine what your maintenace calories are is by keeping a food log and tracking your food. You just play with the numbers by raising them a little or lowering them a bit until you find out what you body requires to maintain. It involves some experimenting, obviously.

What deficit should I use?

Once you’ve determined maintenance calories, create a 500-calorie deficit through energy expenditure or caloric deficit. The best advice is to do both. So yes, do your cardio, at least 3 or 4 days a week. I do cardio 7 days a week, but most people 'round here think I’m crazy. (grin)

Are the splits 40/34/26 good enough for fat loss?

You don’t have to worry about the macronutrient ratios unless you compete in an anaerobic type of sports activity. Just make sure you’re meeting your protein requirements and eating 6 meals.

Have you taken a look at T-Dawg 2.0?

[quote]>> How much do I need for maintaineance of LBM?

Maintenance calories are different for everyone. The only way for you to determine what your maintenace calories are is by keeping a food log and tracking your food. You just play with the numbers by raising them a little or lowering them a bit until you find out what you body requires to maintain. It involves some experimenting, obviously. [/quote]

Great advice here. One more thing I wanted to add is when finding your maint calories try and keep the P,C,and F breakdown consistant. Maint. can vary quite a bit from just changing your macro break down. I personally can consume a much larger amount on low carb than a higher carb diet.

Phill

Thanks guys,

I was going to spend my evening trying to workout my calorific expenditure but I might just start to ‘listen to my body’ and see how that goes.

I guess I should be giving myself at least 3 weeks beofre I start to make chnages and lower or raise the calories?

And sorry to bother you once more Terry - but yes - I do play alot of sport and end up playing anerobic type games during the week.

I too end up doing this type of ‘cardio’ 7 days a week - but since it’s predominantly fast sprinting mixed with some slow recovery jogging - my body doesn’t change.

This is a pain in the ass because I don’t get the benefit of the nice steady low intensity fat burning cardio that I need to drop the few pounds of fat.

How should I change my diet to maximise the fat loss?

If I drop carbs too low I could suffer from acidic build up with high protein and lactic acid build up also.

n023,

I think you need to do some more reading up on cardio. The type of cardio that you say you are doing is right along the lines of HIIT. Check out the Cardio Round Table 1&2 for further explaination.

Another helpfull read would be on “EPOC,” do a search on the Mag and forumn. It will explain the fat burning qualities that you are getting from this type of cardio.

The main thing is get some cardio in, what ever type that you will do/enjoy. So keep up with what you are doing if you enjot it.

Hope that helps,

Phill

everything looks good except the burger, depending on where u get them they may total a whopping 1200 cals dude! be careful

Thanks Phill -

While I know what you mean - 60+ mins of HIIT isn’t great for Body Comp …!!!
Most of JB’s and CT’s HIIT is quite short in total duration.

I guess its that I haven’t noticed great or fast body comp changes from this type of fast scrimmage type work before.

But I’m defeinitely going to go through the EPOC stuff once more.

Re: the burgers - I guess I throw them in for variety and a little saturated fat.
I’ll try and balance this with the EPA’s.

Thanx guys.