T Nation

CardioMASScular

I also have quarterly cardiopulmonary exercise tests, which show how my heart responds to increased exertion. Had one a fortnight ago and all good.

Get one. They sell on amazon. If dr won’t look at results, there is a service that will for a minimal fee.

I would, but it won’t offer any more in depth help than the portable ECG and CPX tests do.

It shows you right then and there if your off. It gives you peace of mind, keeps all in records so something to go by or show other drs… And can immediately be sent off through app at any time

I’ll look into it.

Wednesday 18.04.18 - Week 2, Day 3, Upper Overhead Focus

1a.Hang Clean & Press
45kgx4
45kgx4
45kgx4

1b.Pullups
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1

2a.Incline DB Bench
18’sx8
18’sx8
18’sx8

2B.DB Shrugs
18’sx10
18’sx8

3a.One Arm DB Preacher Curl
8kgx8
8kgx8

3b.One Arm DB Triceps Extension
8kgx8
8kgx8

Conditioning - Kettlebell Clean & Press
6kg for 30 seconds (6 reps per arm)
30 seconds rest
30 seconds rest
6kg for 30 seconds (7 reps per arm)

Summary - I can definitely press more than cleaning on each rep allows, but I’d rather let the movement progress as a whole. Breathing was much better today as the weather has been warmer than usual. Definitely let me perform better in the gym. The KB clean & press is brutal as a finisher, but I’m wondering if a sandbag viper press might be better to keep tension on the shoulders.

Thursday 19.04.18 - Cardio

Recumbent Bike
10 minutes warm up to level 6
20 minutes at level 6
10 minute cooldown

Had a lot of ectopic beats today, so this was far more difficult than i should have been. Barely managed it to 20, felt like I was a gonner at 10!

Shit, dude. Why are you doing this to your heart or am I missing something

It seems abnormal to other people, but this is just average life to me. I’ve been told exercising like I am is what will keep my heart from failing more, so that’s what I’ll keep doing. Symptoms have definitely improved from working out, ectopic beats are just one of the things I have to deal with every now and again. It’s not too bad, just like a periodic thump in the chest ; nothing dangerous.

Ok. I’d had aborted heart attacks that were misdiagnosed as epilepsy. So I fucking couldn’t do shit except hope for death. Ambulances etc. not fun…totally fueled my eating disorder cuz I gave up on life. I’d never do anything to feel like that again. Best to yas!

Holy shit! I had similar - they diagnosed it as a chest infection, then anxiety. It wasn’t until I looked up my symptoms and got myself an ambulance that they discovered my heart was falling. Another day or two and I’d have been done for!

I think a problem with the health service over here is that because they’re on such a tight budget, they only do what they deem absolutely necessary, which is understandable…until it can cost you your life.

Friday 20.04.18 - Week 2, Day 4, Lower Deadlift Focus

1a.Deadlift
90kgx5
90kgx5
90kgx5
My deadlift forms pretty iffy looking. Entire backs slightly rounded, but it’s the only way I can pull comfortably given my posture and leverages. Never been injured, and tried everything to correct it, so I guess it’s stuck like that.

1b.DB Side Bends
16kgx10 per side
16kgx10 per side

2a.Front Squats
40kgx6
40kgx6
40kgx6

2b.Bodyweight Calf Raises
x20
x18

3.Laying Leg Curl
23.3kgx10
23.3kgx10

Conditioning - Minute Kettlebell Swings
As many reps as possible on the minute, every minute, with 12kg
1’st minute x 20 reps
2’nd minute x 8 reps
3’rd minute x 7 reps
4’th minute x 6 reps
Really focused on firing the hamstrings this week, as opposed to the quads and shoulders like I was last week. Absolute killer.

Summary - I was in the gym for 7:45 today, as I wanted to get a session in before going out of town for the night to see Andrew WK. Much preferred how quiet it was, made it quite cathartic.

Ugh, yeah Most people don’t exercise with my diagnosis. But for me as I said the leash loosens and loosens. It was mindfuckingly awful being so sick.

Shiny rainbow:

My drs want me to continue exercising and Yes, any “exercise” as long as not too hot. Take meds, keep stress down, exercise and do tests but I don’t as to go as often anymore either haha. It so unbelievable how free I feel. Wish best of luck to yas

Mines the opposite, without beta blockers it’s up around the 100’s. Lowest its been is mid 50’s when I was on amiodarone, and that caused me to be breathless. I’m mid-70’s now which is comfortable for me. I have really low BP, so coupled with low HR it makes me too sluggish. Couldn’t even imagine walking round with it as low as you!

Yeah, I was fucking cold all the time. 50 is low but no problems ekg was perfect last time. So time will tell…but had X-ray, ultrasound and other tests and I have the heart of a normal adult woman…no pysical damage which considering all those aborted heart attacks is just insane

Sunday 22.04.18 - Week 3, Day 1, Upper Bench Focus

1a.Flat BB Bench (pause on chest)
70kgx5
70kgx5
70kgx5

1b.Prone DB Row
20’sx8
20’sx8
20’sx8

2a.Close Grip BB Bench (pause on chest)
50kgx8
50kgx8

2b.Seated DB Hammer Curls
10’sx8
10’sx8

3.Face Pull
12.5kgx10
12.5kgx10

4.DB Front to Side Raises
3’sx10/10
3’sx10/10

Conditioning - Battle Ropes

8 sets of 10 seconds all out, 20 seconds rest

Summary - Good one. Went to Manchester to see Andrew WK on Friday (below is a picture of me and him looking goofy AF), ate some smashing mexican food and drank plenty. Ate all the junk yesterday while recovering, so went in nice and carbed up today.

Sunday 22.04.18 - Cardio

Recumbent Bike
10 minutes warm up to level 6
25 minutes at level 6
10 minute cooldown

A friend offered to give me a lift to the gym, so thought I may as well get a second session in.

Tuesday 24.04.18 - Week 3, Day 2, Lower Squat Focus

Conditioning - Box Jumps

23.6" box, holding 10kg sandbag - 4x1

1a.Back Squats
70kgx5
70kgx5
70kgx5

1b.One Leg Calf Raise
Bodyweightx3
Bodyweightx3

2.Deficit Deadlift
60kgx8
60kgx8
60kgx8

3.One Leg Extension
20.3kgx10
20.3kgx10

4.Hanging Straight Leg Raises
x12
x11

Wednesday 25.04.18 - Week 3, Day 3, Upper Overhead Focus

1a.Hang Clean & Press
45kgx5
45kgx5
45kgx5

1b.Pullups
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1
Bodyweightx1

2a.Incline DB Bench
20’sx8
20’sx8
20’sx8

2B.DB Shrugs
18’sx10
18’sx10

3a.One Arm DB Preacher Curl
8kgx10
8kgx10

3b.One Arm DB Triceps Extension
8kgx10
8kgx10

Conditioning - Kettlebell Clean & Press
30 seconds rest
30 seconds rest
30 seconds rest

Summary - All weights are moving up. Keeping progression slow and steady to avoid stalling. The HIT kettlebell clean and press at the end, are unpleasant to say the least!