T Nation

Cardio

Now here I am 1year later and I find myself in overall much better shape however I'm lacking the much needed low bodyfat % to be more sucessful in my sport. Anyways I was just wondering what type of cardio would be the best. I've done quite a bit of reading and i read alot shit about running being good, ive read stuff about medium paced intesity for 30minutes being good, ive heard walking for 40mins a day being the best for weight loss and finally ive heard 2:1 3:1 5:1 ratios of running to walking. So what is the best technique to use for losing weight. I dont need conditioning I need weight loss, please keep that in mind, thank you.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but try a little of each. I had success doing 3-4 high-intensity cardio workouts and 5 sessions of 25 minutes of powerwalking each week. Really it all comes down to what you'll stick with. If doing high-intensity stuff is too hard, you probably won't be doing it for long. Mixing it up will keep your mind fresh and body off guard too.

How much were you able to shred in that what time? And you were doing what ratio of hiit ?

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=516017

anyone else care to enlighten me with their opinion?

For strictly fat loss, in my experiences a steady jog for 25-40 minutes, 3-4 days a week seemed it yeild the best results. But be careful because it is very easy to lose muscle while jogging this much.

I like to do HIIT. I think I get just as good, if not better results this way, (as opposed to long-slow cardio) and it takes a lot less time. However, if you are doin' a really strict (lower carb) phase, maybe longer, slower cardio will work best for you, due to your glycogen stores already being depleted, (or partially depleted).

GL,

Danny