Cardio While Bulking?

So im bulking and i workout 3 days in a row then two days rest and then train again.

I was thinking of doing a little(15-30 min ) of running on the two rest days, for health and conditioning. i would run at a short Forrest trail, on which there is a small hill which i would sprint up every time i pass it. combining slow pace and sprinting.

do you think this will slow muscle gains or hinder proper recovery?

do cardio. sprint, walk, run a little, do strongman etc , and eat to gain bw.

moderate cardio dosn’t slow muscle gain , the only people who will tell you that are over-eating fat guys who lift weights

When some of you ask questions like this…do you understand that everything you do plays into whether you should add certain things into a routine?

If you get fairly little exercise out of the gym and have trouble losing body fat, then yes, you may want to add some cardio. The guy who has to eat all day just to gain anything and is generally very active may not.

[quote]buildsomemuscle wrote:

do you think this will slow muscle gains or hinder proper recovery?[/quote]

If you keep the same caloric balance it will be beneficial

If your caloric surplus was too high, it will be beneficial

If this puts you in a state of caloric deficit, it will be beneficial if goal is fatloss, not if goal is musclegain

It will most likely not hinder recovery, at all

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The guy who has to eat all day just to gain anything and is generally very active may not.
[/quote]

who is this human who has to eat all day just do gain anything, i dont assume op is loading coal trains 24/7

So im bulking and i workout 3 days in a row then two days rest and then train again.

I was thinking of doing a little(15-30 min ) of running on the two rest days, for health and conditioning. i would run at a short Forrest trail, on which there is a small hill which i would sprint up every time i pass it. combining slow pace and sprinting.

do you think this will slow muscle gains or hinder proper recovery?[/quote]

Not at all. The idea of someone who’s recovery is so poor that simply running a bit to catch a bus, going up a flight pf stairs, or in your case, jogging 15 mins a couple times a week, would lead to overtraining, while scientifically possible, are so improbable that it shouldn’t be a real concern.

The human body is designed to actually complete work, and by work, I don’t mean simulated-in-a-gym-work. So long as your diet isn’t horrible, you can probably handle more than you may realize.

S

[quote]hanban wrote:

The guy who has to eat all day just to gain anything and is generally very active may not.
[/quote]

who is this human who has to eat all day just do gain anything, i dont assume op is loading coal trains 24/7
[/quote]

?

I would assume that there are people out there who are very active who have fast metabolisms where even more activity could hinder gains.

I am not sure what you have a problem with…unless you are saying no one like that can possibly exist.

I guess there is no need for concern then!

[quote]hanban wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

?

I would assume that there are people out there who are very active who have fast metabolisms where even more activity could hinder gains.

I am not sure what you have a problem with…unless you are saying no one like that can possibly exist.
[/quote]

lets say that someone who’s really active need to eat more. my reply was just messing around, and op is probably not that active, which is indeed a very rare thing

As long as you are not doing like daily long distance running you should be fine, Eat enough so that you are not calorie deficit and you will be good…

When some of you ask questions like this…do you understand that everything you do plays into whether you should add certain things into a routine?

If you get fairly little exercise out of the gym and have trouble losing body fat, then yes, you may want to add some cardio. The guy who has to eat all day just to gain anything and is generally very active may not.
[/quote]

For bodybuilding purposes, absolutely this. ^^^

If you’re intent on “optimal health,” however, it’s wise to keep cardio a mainstay and compensate by eating more food.

Well you can just eat more food lol. There isn’t much point being big and muscly if you cant even run for a train or jog round a football field, a point that Wendler etc has made many many times.

I guess there is no need for concern then![/quote]Judging by your nickname you must be skinny (…just a guess).
Age? Height? Weight? Bodyfat?