Cardio While Bulking Question

I am currently 164 lbs and trying to bulk. I eat 3700 cals on workout days and 3000 on off days. I have also been doing HIIT two times a week and I do it in the morning because of the heat later in the day. I have only been having like 3/4 scoop of whey/casein blend before the cardio too. Will doing this stunt my progress?

Thanks… J.P.

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
I am currently 164 lbs and trying to bulk. I eat 3700 cals on workout days and 3000 on off days. I have also been doing HIIT two times a week and I do it in the morning because of the heat later in the day. I have only been having like 3/4 scoop of whey/casein blend before the cardio too. Will doing this stunt my progress?

Thanks… J.P.[/quote]

i dont really know the answer. but i think it could a bit. why not just eat an actual meal before it?

its just that i used to be overweight and i guess i still have that “lose fat” mentality stuck in my head. I am going to try to have a Protein+Fat meal before next time.

If you’re endomorphic it might be a good idea to do some cardio i the offseason - though I would’ve erred more on the side of low intensity to help recovery as well.

Don’t go more than 2 sessions a week if it’s HIIT.

How long are your sessions?

[quote]BeBig828 wrote:
its just that i used to be overweight and i guess i still have that “lose fat” mentality stuck in my head. I am going to try to have a Protein+Fat meal before next time.[/quote]

You might not like this answer but I think the best thing to do would be get up in the middle of the night and eat some food then whether or be a shake or whatever, it’ll be easier to get more calories in at that point because if you’re like a lot of people you don’t like to eat much before a cardio session. For the shake you could just make it the night before and when you wake up for your mid night piss drink it then, or just set an alarm for half way through your sleep (that’s what I do). This has also helped me put on weight.

Also, if you’re bulking you might want to just take in the same amount of calories every day so you get that “surplus” by the end of the week. Berardi talks about this in “Massive Eating part 2” I believe. It’s either part 1 or 2.

Desideratus,
That thought did cross my mind…
I guess i could make up something and wake up like 2 1/2 hours before the cardio and eat it so it has time to digest, then wake up and do HIIT. My sessions usually last just under 20 mins. I light jog for four minutes for a warm-up, then do an all out, heavy panting, running from a tiger sprint for 30 or 45 seconds, then take like a minute breather in between intervals with a slow jog. I do something around 9-10 intervals. Then I do not do a cool down for a few minutes, instead I do some quick strectches and some jumping jacks because my street is convienient and I am back around to my house at the very end of the session and I am ready for my recovery drink cuz i’m huffin 'n puffin.

I will eat something bettter than just a small scoop of whey before next time.

With proper nutrient timing, decent foods, and weight training, you’d be surprised at how hard it is to get fat. If you want to do cardio you should eat more.

a well running cardiovascular system helps shuttle nutrients throughout the body more efficiently. Not including it will just make your goals harder.

That being said, as the previous poster said, you’ll have to up your calories a little more.