cardio when

i workout 5 days a week, mon - friday first thing in the morning at 5:30 a.m… Anyways was wondering when should i incorporate my cardio? I use to do it every other day in the morning on an empty stomach, but i also only worked out 3 days a week. As for type of cardio, gonna try hiit style compared to the usual 45 - 60 minute at 65% heart rate style. thanks

Why do you want to do cardio? If you’re trying to prepare for an athletic event, I’d make cardio a priority over weight-lifting. If you’re trying to gain muscle, you don’t really need cardio.

I showed excellent “appearance” results when eating over-maintenance calories and training in the evening, but doing cardio in the morning.

If you are lifting intensely five days a week, then cardio is probably not necessary since it will interfere with recovery. However, if you are looking to lose a large amount of fat, then hiit style is the way to go. Try doing it a couple of days a week in the evening if possible. You can also do it after weight training if you desire, but I would keep the session short, no more than ten minutes. Another option is to continue with your 3 lifting sessions a week and use longer duration hiit sessions on your two “off” days.