Cardio or Not?!?

Hello to all that take the time to read and reply…

I plan on following this below training method

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/reg_parks_5x5_program

I’ve read the discussion thread following it but would like to ask you all what your views would be on doing some light cardio in between days off?

What do you all think?

Walking is probably fine and would help recovery. I don’t really consider that “cardio” though. It’s probably okay during phase 1, less so during phase 2 and probably a bad idea during phase 3.

Of course, if you goal is to put on mass I would limit cardio.

I don’t know… I think cardio should be dictated by your resiliency to gain fat or not. I know there’s guys like Dirty Gerty who can max out like 900 grams of carbs a day and not gain fat. If you’re like that, I wouldn’t bother.

If you’re like me, though, and gain weight when you look at food too hard, it may not be a bad idea.

Yes, do cardio.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I don’t know… I think cardio should be dictated by your resiliency to gain fat or not. I know there’s guys like Dirty Gerty who can max out like 900 grams of carbs a day and not gain fat. If you’re like that, I wouldn’t bother.

If you’re like me, though, and gain weight when you look at food too hard, it may not be a bad idea.[/quote]

No offense but he doesn’t look like he fits that first profile SSC. Do your cardio.

Da Vinci, cheers for the input, how much would you recommend? HIIT or something a little less manic?

I’m a little crazy when it comes to cardio. I do 30-60 minutes of steady state cardio in the morning nearly everyday before breakfast only drinking green tea(thanks CC) with no sugar or calories added and pop some nodoz. On off lifting days I’ve been doing HIIT. Do sprints outside after you’re very warmed up if you can stomach them. I like to do 30 seconds full sprint, 60 seconds puke for about 12-15 min.

I would not go that extreme if I were you though. Just work in some basic cardio to start out. Also, your goals may vary from mine. Something to keep in mind. Were I trying to get as strong and large as possible, I would not be doing this much cardio and in fact was not back in December. I put on as much mass as I could from fall-winter and mid February started taking off as much fat while sparing my muscle as possible.

Yes…do cardio