Cardio for the Time Constrained

Hey guys-

Im trying to lose some BF, im right on the cusp of really getting it together. Im about 150 pds, 5, 6. I have a good 8 pounds to lose in fat. Im not sure about my actual bf%. My goal is to be about 155-160 ripped. The problem? I work 6 days a week and have 1 6 week old colic baby.

Time is a big problem.

I come from the line of habit of not doing cardio on lift days. I am getting to the gym 4 days so there isnt much time left for cardio. I have a excersize bike and eliptical trainer. Can I add 20-30 minutes later in the day after a big lift? I lift Mon/Tue then Thur/Fri. Any suggestions would help although Im stuck in the house with the baby.

Thanks-

This has worked really well for me and my wife. It is geared towards boxers and combat athletes that fight in “rounds”. Pick 3 exercises, my favorites are Burpees, jumping jacks, and mountain climbers. Set a timer for 30 seconds. Start the timer and every time it goes off change exercises, contiue for 3 mins (harder than it sounds. after this take a one minute break. repeat for 3 rounds. you can add a round every other week until you get to about five to eight rounds. I cant take credit for this I got it out of Ross Enamait’s books. another good combo is 30sec burpee, 1 min dumbell swings (30sec each arm), 30sec burpees then take a minute rest. Its fast, its hard and it works.

Yeah but did you do this on heavy lift days? My main problem is time so I wanted to know If adding cardio on my lift days will stop my gains.