Cardio During Bulking?

Sup fellas
So im in my fourth week of my first cycle, and have been trying to put on as much size as possible. Im eating like i never have before and have gone from roughly 183 to 190 in just a few weeks. Only thing is, in order to put on more size, i cut back severly on my cardio- roughly 15 minutes every 2-3 days, along with uping my caloric/protein intake.

I understand im bulking right now and some fat comes with it, but was wondering what routines some of you guys use while on a cycle to bulk and cut the excess fat afterwards? Thanks

Eat a piece of pound cake between every prowler lap.

OP,
Do not be discouraged by gaining 7 pounds in 4 weeks.
That is nearly 2 pounds a week, how much were you realisticly hoping to gain per week?
What kind of cardio are you doing? Steady state (SS) or Intervals (HIIT)?
What does your current routine and diet look like? Photo?

Good luck OP. I am a proponent of doing cardio no matter what.
Obviously if your main goal is putting on muscle then the amount of cardio you do should be reduced but I believe cardio is essential in order to maintain heart health as well as some semblance of cardiovascular endurance.
Getting winded while walking around the block or up a flight or two of stairs is no fun lol
What good is all that muscle if you cannot move while carrying it :slight_smile:

Stick with it OP and post up your diet and a photo or two. You will probably get much better replies than mine from some of the more advanced veterans around here.

I do cardio year round…surplus or deficit.

^ listen to the two guys above me…

How do you look? Is that added weight water?

[quote]Waittz wrote:
^ listen to the two guys above me… [/quote]

x2

I always do a baseline amount of cardio regardless of bulking/cutting/maintaining. During bulk phases, I usually stick with HIIT on its own day or some sort of 20 minutes moderate intensity cardio after my usual workout.

When trying to lose some BF, I’ll do the above but also throw in some steady state cardio (fasted if possible).

The benefits greatly out way the negatives of doing cardio. Eat more. Simple as that. No reason to cut out cardio. It increases metabolic rate. Increases the efficiency if the body’s use of nutrients. It is great for heart and pulmonary health. Good for brain health. I can go on and on The only reason not to do it. You are lazy

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
I do cardio year round…surplus or deficit. [/quote]

x2

There are a lot of reasons to do cardio. Don’t use bulking as an excuse to get out of shape.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
The benefits greatly out way the negatives of doing cardio. Eat more. Simple as that. No reason to cut out cardio. It increases metabolic rate. Increases the efficiency if the body’s use of nutrients. It is great for heart and pulmonary health. Good for brain health. I can go on and on The only reason not to do it. You are lazy[/quote]

This.

It allows you to eat more for gods sake, what more reasons could you need!

Don’t drop cardio. It’s a lesson I learned the hard way :frowning:

LISTEN TO THE ABOVE ADVICE.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
I do cardio year round…surplus or deficit. [/quote]

Yep.

Lift hard…push sled…run hills…be awesome.

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:
OP,
Do not be discouraged by gaining 7 pounds in 4 weeks.
That is nearly 2 pounds a week, how much were you realisticly hoping to gain per week?
What kind of cardio are you doing? Steady state (SS) or Intervals (HIIT)?
What does your current routine and diet look like? Photo?

Good luck OP. I am a proponent of doing cardio no matter what.
Obviously if your main goal is putting on muscle then the amount of cardio you do should be reduced but I believe cardio is essential in order to maintain heart health as well as some semblance of cardiovascular endurance.
Getting winded while walking around the block or up a flight or two of stairs is no fun lol
What good is all that muscle if you cannot move while carrying it :slight_smile:

Stick with it OP and post up your diet and a photo or two. You will probably get much better replies than mine from some of the more advanced veterans around here.[/quote]
thanks for the response. Ill try and put up some pics when i get my hands on a camera. But for the most part, ill ususally run every other day ;i mix it up between 60-120’s and just flat out running for 15-20 minutes. At the end of the week, i normally box for a good half hour-45 min before my workout (leg day). My routine tends to differ at normally 2 weeks max so i cant really give u one except for my current routine: Mon-chest,back,biceps,abs TUE-legs,cardio,WED-Shoulders, Triceps,absWED-(same as monday)… repeat til sunday, start w different body part the following week; alternate between high loads low reps and high reps lighter loads week to week.

Here I am, coming to fuck everything thing up and say that I do no cardio at all during the offseason and as little as possible during prep

Uhhhhhhhhh

lol

[quote]zraw wrote:
Here I am, coming to fuck everything thing up and say that I do no cardio at all during the offseason and as little as possible during prep

Uhhhhhhhhh

lol[/quote]

Serious question here, you realize that you are an outliar genetically right?

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhh

lol[/quote]

Serious question here, you realize that you are an outliar genetically right? [/quote]

I consider myself maybe slightly over normal genetic to be honest but really not that much. I started off as a 145lbs kid when I was 17yrs old. I did have abs and a good structure even at that time and do have an easy time getting lean BUT its also a recommendation by JM. Im pretty sure he has most/all of his guys at 0 cardio during the offseason

[quote]dnice617 wrote:
So im in my fourth week of my first cycle, and have been trying to put on as much size as possible. Im eating like i never have before and have gone from roughly 183 to 190 in just a few weeks. Only thing is, in order to put on more size, i cut back severly on my cardio- roughly 15 minutes every 2-3 days, along with uping my caloric/protein intake. [/quote]
You weighed 180 pounds in January, when you had a thread that said you’d been “stalled” at that size for 3 or 4 months already.

You so seriously shouldn’t have started a cycle, but it’s a bit late for that.

I have to ask… what, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

[quote]zraw wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhh

lol[/quote]

Serious question here, you realize that you are an outliar genetically right? [/quote]

I consider myself maybe slightly over normal genetic to be honest but really not that much. I started off as a 145lbs kid when I was 17yrs old. I did have abs and a good structure even at that time and do have an easy time getting lean BUT its also a recommendation by JM. Im pretty sure he has most/all of his guys at 0 cardio during the offseason[/quote]

I remember a long time back hearing the Stan McQuay did ZERO cardio as well for contest prep until the very end. Mindblowing.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
The benefits greatly out way the negatives of doing cardio. Eat more. Simple as that. No reason to cut out cardio. It increases metabolic rate. Increases the efficiency if the body’s use of nutrients. It is great for heart and pulmonary health. Good for brain health. I can go on and on The only reason not to do it. You are lazy[/quote]
THIS…

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]dnice617 wrote:
So im in my fourth week of my first cycle, and have been trying to put on as much size as possible. Im eating like i never have before and have gone from roughly 183 to 190 in just a few weeks. Only thing is, in order to put on more size, i cut back severly on my cardio- roughly 15 minutes every 2-3 days, along with uping my caloric/protein intake. [/quote]
You weighed 180 pounds in January, when you had a thread that said you’d been “stalled” at that size for 3 or 4 months already.

You so seriously shouldn’t have started a cycle, but it’s a bit late for that.

I have to ask… what, exactly, did you eat yesterday?[/quote]

yas Colucci strikes again! love when you when you call on peoples silly choices haha