Cardio During Bulk

I just started a bulking cycle after 6 months off due to injury. So far I am up 6 pound in 4 weeks. Since I am bulking I have decided not to do any cardio for best results and I am somewhat pleased. However, I have a gained a substantial amount of fat in my midsection that I would like to get rid of. I would like to continue to add a few more pounds to my frame but lose fat at the same time.

My question is should I try to lose the fat by slightly cutting calories or should I keep the cals the same and add LOW intensity cardio to my training instead, maybe 35min on bike/traedmill only twice a week. My calorie intake is already low <2,300-2,500 daily> although I am gaining weight at this level. I am afraid that the cardio will slow down gains although cutting the calories may do the same, so which would be the lesser of 2 evils in my case?

First, you must understand that you will gain fat when bulking. I’m assuming you figured that out.

Unless its a substantial amount of fat I wouldn’t worry about it. Getting leaner is for the cutting process, not the bulking process.

However, even when I bulk, I still run 4-5 miles every other day or every 3 days. Being an athlete I don’t want to lose my speed. So on those days I just eat an extra 500 calories or so more than when I’m just hitting the gym.

My opinion, don’t worry about the fat right now, wait until you’re done adding the weight.

Sure add in low intensity stuff may slow progress a touch but if kept low it may actually aid recovery

Phill