[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Why didn’t you just post in RMP if that’s what you wanted? [/quote]

It’s not what i want :wink:

[quote]Abkol wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Why didn’t you just post in RMP if that’s what you wanted? [/quote]

It’s not what i want :wink:
[/quote]

I’m a bit confused. Did you just want people to oppose the use of LISS, as mentioned in your original post, so you could post pictures and be like “but look at me!”

You never cited those studies, btw.

OP looks like someone who does a decent amount of cardio and lifts some also. Actually looks like some of the crossfitters I know, generally bigger shoulders, smaller chest, decent abs, lean (although could be favorable lighting and angle).

elementssystem.com/pdfs/Wilson%20ConcurrentTraining%20MetaAnalysis%20JSCR%202012.pdf

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I think the whole “cardio will kill ur gainz!” thing is way overblown. If you’re eating enough and not putting 30-40 miles in each week then you’ll be fine. If your goal is max strength or size, then yes it will be counterproductive to a certain extent. But at the end of the day, it’s your life; training should enrich it, not detract from it.

Personally, I can think of things I’d rather do than a half hour of cardio 6 days a week, but if you enjoy it and it works for you, go for it. Seems like it’s working well so far.[/quote]

what if any cardio do you do?[/quote]

Prowler, hill sprints, or some type of circuit.

[quote]TheCB wrote:

I think the whole “cardio will kill ur gainz!” thing is way overblown. If you’re eating enough and not putting 30-40 miles in each week then you’ll be fine. If your goal is max strength or size, then yes it will be counterproductive to a certain extent. But at the end of the day, it’s your life; training should enrich it, not detract from it.

Personally, I can think of things I’d rather do than a half hour of cardio 6 days a week, but if you enjoy it and it works for you, go for it. Seems like it’s working well so far.[/quote]

what if any cardio do you do?[/quote]

Prowler, hill sprints, or some type of circuit.[/quote]
Similar here, except I don’t have a prowler, so I will do intervals on the airdyne or rower sometimes.

@abkol

The Layne Norton video is primarily about metabolic damage from super low calorie diets, not from necessarily too much LISS.

[quote]Abkol wrote:

elementssystem.com/pdfs/Wilson%20ConcurrentTraining%20MetaAnalysis%20JSCR%202012.pdf[/quote]

Did you read any of that study? It doesn’t support your claim. It says nothing at all about metabolism decreases. It does, basially, say that endurance training can have a negative effect on other training. But no shit, and that’s not what was being discussed.

Interestingly (in that it supports doing steady state cardio for some circumstances, that may be applicable to bodybuilding), it does conclude this:

This reminds of the “why is there so much bro-science” thread. Half of it, I think, is because people don’t understand what the hell they’re reading.