Cardio Before or After Training?

Now I’m not an idiot, I know that Cardio and Weights should be separate, preferably done at different times of the day (8 hrs apart at least).

However, sometimes, you only have the time to do both in one setting.

Some will say to do it before the weight lifting session, but we all know this effects lifting performance, so it would make logical sense to put the cardio in after the weights to maximize any fat loss possible.

There’s just one problem that I see: won’t cardio after weight lifting suppress the the hormones that are going through the body after a good lifting session which promote muscle growth?

Some might say to drop the cardio out total, but those of us with huge appetites, will take in toooo many calories above maintenance, so the cardio is a good buffer to not put on that much fat in a bulking stage.

So what’s a confused noob to do when he’s short on time?

Short warm-up cardio before (200 cal burned) or an extended cardio session after (possibly hindering muscle growth or even causing muscle loss)?

After your lifting session.

It even helps you recover (“active recovery”) and prevents or at least soothes DOMS, as long as you don’t overdo it (=< 30mins)

The increased blood flow helps to bring nutrients to your muscles :slight_smile:

Drink Surge after weight-lifting or after cardio then?

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
Drink Surge after weight-lifting or after cardio then?[/quote]

Drink Surge AFTER weight-lifting and cardio, yes. Just keep cardio intense and no longer then 20 minutes. Thanks for reading.

Some cardio is better than no cardio imo if you dont have the time to schedule it seperately.

[quote]Olesya Novik wrote:
Some cardio is better than no cardio imo if you dont have the time to schedule it seperately.[/quote]

I agree just be sure to adjust diet for goals and post resistance training I prob wouldnt opt for uber intense HIIT that often

Phill