Cardio After Surge?

I recently started drinking Surge during my workout. I am starting to do some cardio because I am upping my carbs again, but I feel like its a waste of time consuming a HI GI liquid drink during training than expecting my body to let go of fat reserves> Should I just wait until after my workout and cardio to take it?

if you want to lose fat yes, it is a waste of time, for the reason you stated. drink it after.

when i go running in the morning i take a protein shake. i take my fruits and carbs after.

[quote]Shortest Straw wrote:
I am starting to do some cardio because I am upping my carbs again, but I feel like its a waste of time consuming a HI GI liquid drink during training than expecting my body to let go of fat reserves[/quote]

This is false. Losing fat is about your caloric deficit throughout the day, not during training.

personally calories in calories out just never is the absolute truth. There are far to many other factors involved. insulin, cortisol, bodies adaption, gh response. THat is old old school approach. They did studies on 1000 cal diets either all protein,all carb or all fat, the all carb lost no weight. same caloreis though

I never said nutrient timing doesn’t make a difference. I was referring to the comment that carbs during training somehow negates fat loss.

Many of the calories burned as a result of intense excercise are burned following training, not during it, due to elevated metabolic rate.

Look up “excess post-exercise oxygen consumption” or EPOC for more on this.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
I never said nutrient timing doesn’t make a difference. I was referring to the comment that carbs during training somehow negates fat loss.

Many of the calories burned as a result of intense excercise are burned following training, not during it, due to elevated metabolic rate.

Look up “excess post-exercise oxygen consumption” or EPOC for more on this.[/quote]

Very true IMO and him taking the Surge and then doing Cardio may even help. It should in theory help shuttle the aminos and carbs into the muscle faster etc due to just the blood pumping etc… then in the time after the EPOC will be looking for fuel elsewhere (fat)

I think it’s a good idea. Get the muscle fuel into you straight after the workout.

The cardio is not wasted as you are still burning energy and if the speed is correct, it should be fat being burnt as your glycogen stores will be depleted from your workout.

If you are very concerned, just split cardio from weights. I don’t get why people do cardio at the gym, get outside and get some fresh air. And experience the incredible motivation of knowing that from wherever you get to, you now have to walk/ride home again. Instead of only having to plop off the treadmill and trundle 15m to your car.