T Nation

Cardio, 7 Days to 3 Days

dont get offended if i asked this question before, but if i am doing 7 morning cardio sessions a week, and cut down to suppose 2 medium intensity (after workout in evening) and 1 HIIT on an off day; will the fat loss essentially stop /slow down too much??

It depends. If you eat the same # of calories, then yes it will slow down, because now your calorie expenditure is lower. If you decrease your calories a bit to account for this, then fat loss could continue at the same rate if you decreased it enough

but if i further cut down calories, wont i begin losing muscle?

[quote]fatboi wrote:
dont get offended if i asked this question before, but if i am doing 7 morning cardio sessions a week, and cut down to suppose 2 medium intensity (after workout in evening) and 1 HIIT on an off day; will the fat loss essentially stop /slow down too much??[/quote]
You don’t really “need” to be doing cardio 7 days a week. Generally, that’s the super-super high end of activity that should only be used if you really need the extra work.

At your current level of bodyfat, simply being consistent with a basic, moderate lifting and cardio plan plus a dialed in diet should be plenty to see results.

Depends on a lot of factors.

Exactly what does your lifting and cardio look like right now? Are you 100% cleared for intense exercise after your stroke or are you still doing rehab?

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

Also, for reference, how tall are you?

Chris:

• i had the stroke in 2010, and my bp and lipid levels now are back in rangge, i’m taking meds to prevent a further episode though, my doc has never told me not to lift, infact omn my last visit he even said, its been 3 years , you’re doing well , i’m doing “intense” (as per my body) lifting since last year

-yesterday i had a whey shake at 8
oatmeal and aminos at 9
6 egg whites with 3 brown breads french toasted with some olive oil at 11:15
1/2cup brown rice with daal(pulses) and 6 egg whites boiled at 1:30pm
2 slice brown bread with cottage cheese( thin layer b/w slices) with some ketchup at 4:30pm
1.5 WHEY SHAKE in water at 7:30 pm
double meat chicken salad from subway at 8:30 pm
1 scoop whey 5gm glutamine at 10:30pm(also 4 or 5 walnuts, i was hungry)

did cardio at 7am(45 mins steady state) and delts traps workout at 6:30 pm
-for reference, i’m 5’8"

[photo]39190[/photo]

[photo]39191[/photo]

[photo]39189[/photo]

and this is my condition as of today, which believe me is WAAAAAAAAAY better than what it was on may 6th this year,
i am feeling one hundred percent physically; but when i have ECA, by the second night i get so paranoid that i’ll get another stroke that i stop and the one problem i’m having is i cant flex my left side as hard as my right side… before the stroke my left uper arm used to be like a quarter of an inch bigger than my right

[quote]fatboi wrote:
but when i have ECA[/quote]

That’s probably a really bad idea. Not only do you have some cardiovascular issues, but in another thread you mentioned bipolar disorder. Probably not a good idea to play with an adrenergic stimulant like ephedrine.

@apoklyps: hence the paranoia!

really, amongst my lawyer friends i act like i know it all , but i feel like a kid in here, i like it!!

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]fatboi wrote:

That’s probably a really bad idea. Not only do you have some cardiovascular issues, but in another thread you mentioned bipolar disorder. Probably not a good idea to play with an adrenergic stimulant like ephedrine.[/quote]

Good posts from you.

so i checked my bmr on internet , it comes out to 2030 cals… how many should i be having in order to lose 2-3kgs(maybe 5 lbs) of body fat every month consistently??

[quote]fatboi wrote:
-yesterday i had a whey shake at 8
oatmeal and aminos at 9
6 egg whites with 3 brown breads french toasted with some olive oil at 11:15
1/2cup brown rice with daal(pulses) and 6 egg whites boiled at 1:30pm
2 slice brown bread with cottage cheese( thin layer b/w slices) with some ketchup at 4:30pm
1.5 WHEY SHAKE in water at 7:30 pm
double meat chicken salad from subway at 8:30 pm
1 scoop whey 5gm glutamine at 10:30pm(also 4 or 5 walnuts, i was hungry)[/quote]
I didn’t run the exact numbers, but this looks fairly high carb, pretty low protein, and low fat. That’s not a recipe for fat loss, let alone building or maintaining muscle.

There’s really no reason to avoid the egg yolks. You get a bunch of protein and healthy fats from them. Make sure you get a decent amount of protein in each meal no matter what.

Calculators are only a starting point. A general guideline. Use your current diet (with some improvements), monitor the progress you are or aren’t seeing each week (weigh-in and take measurements/photos), and make adjustments from there. If that means your body needs 2400 calories to lose fat or 1900 calories (very unlikely), that’s what it is.

Especially if you keep training twice a day (cardio in the AM, lifting in the PM), you may find out you need more calories than the calculator said.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:

[quote]fatboi wrote:

That’s probably a really bad idea. Not only do you have some cardiovascular issues, but in another thread you mentioned bipolar disorder. Probably not a good idea to play with an adrenergic stimulant like ephedrine.[/quote]

Good posts from you.[/quote]

Thank you =)