Carbs when?

When on a low carb diet like T-Dawg, when is the best time to eat the carbs? I know they need to be eaten post workout, but I’m mainly wondering if carbs should be eaten for breakfast or later. On non-workout days, should all carbs (T-Dawg recommends 30g a day) be eaten in the same meal, or divided up?

On non-workout days, I would definitely make sure to consume all 30g in your first 1-2 meals. Unfortunately, 30g isn’t much in terms of oatmeal, yams, or bread, so you’re probably better off sticking with vegetables like cauliflower, spinach, and broccoli. They’ll fill you up, offer a fair amount of fiber and antioxidants, and give you more bang for your carb buck. You could always just make a vegetable omelet or something to that effect. On workout days, it’s best to take in the majority of carbs mid/post-workout. I don’t see anything wrong with taking in a small amount at breakfast if you’re one of those people who can’t get going without any carbs. As long as your daily total is pretty low, you won’t stunt fat burning.

I agree with Eric. There are plenty of studies revealing MUCH better glucose tolerance in the morning. Eat them when muscles are receptive. Part of the average American’s problem is that he skips breakfast only to make up for it with a huge pasta dinner. Duh. I don’t think one can go wrong with carbs at breakfast and post-training - even when avoiding them otherwise.