Carbs Still High on Anabolic Diet

So recently I decided to try out the Anabolic Diet and I gave up the pasta, white bread, sodas, and just basically I cut down on carbs during the weekend(except post-workout meal).
However, I don’t meet the carb quota (still too high) for the day.

One option is to give up/cut down on vegetables and fruits and to supplement fiber. However, this is really hard for me.
Anything else I could do?
Halp?

PS: I don’t know if you need more info about me. If so, let me know what.

Thank You

How about actual numbers and a list of carb sources?

Personally I think you should eat as many solid fruits and vegetables (not concentrate juices) as you want, even when on the anabolic diet. being like 10 grams over on the carbs isn’t going to hurt any progress, just be more discerning on the carb up weekends about making sure to avoid crappy refined carbs.

This is how my “regular average” day looks like (stats per serving so keep that in mind):

BREAKFAST #1
MILK 1.5 or 3cups/day
Calories 150
Calories from Fat 72
Total Fat 8.0g
Saturated Fat 5.0g
Cholesterol 35mg
Sodium125mg
Total Carbohydrates 12.0g
Sugars 12.0g
Protein 8.0g

OATS 1 cup
Calories 159
Calories from Fat 29
Total Fat 3.2g
Sodium 115mg
Total Carbohydrates 27.3g
Dietary Fiber 4.0g
Sugars 1.1g
Protein 5.5g

or BREAKFAST #2

MILK 1.5 or 3cups/day
Calories 150
Calories from Fat 72
Total Fat 8.0g
Saturated Fat 5.0g
Cholesterol 35mg
Sodium125mg
Total Carbohydrates 12.0g
Sugars 12.0g
Protein 8.0g

EGGS 4

Calories 102
Calories from Fat 67
Total Fat 7.4g
Cholesterol 215mg
Sodium 171mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.3g
Sugars 1.1g
Protein 6.8g

SAUSAGE 1 piece
Calories 229
Calories from Fat 182
Total Fat 20.2g
Cholesterol 54mg
Sodium 644mg
Total Carbohydrates 1.5g
Protein 9.2g

SNACK #1:
PECANS 1cup
Calories 746
Calories from Fat 700
Total Fat 77.7g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 0mg
Total Carbohydrates 15.0g
Dietary Fiber 10.4g
Sugars 4.3g
Protein 9.9g

APPLE
Calories 72
Total Carbohydrates 19.1g
Dietary Fiber 3.3g
Sugars 14.3g
Protein 0.4g

SNACK #2:
TURKEY SANDWICH (whole wheat bread, turkey, oil and vinegar)
TURKEY 2 servings
Calories 60
Calories from Fat 9
Cholesterol 20mg
Sodium 350mg
Protein 13.0g

with WHOLE-WHEAT BREAD 2 slices
Calories 69
Calories from Fat 8
Sodium 132mg
Total Carbohydrates 11.6g
Dietary Fiber 1.9g
Sugars 1.6g
Protein 3.6g

LUNCH:

chicken salad
CHICKEN BREAST 2 pieces
Calories 142
Calories from Fat 28
Total Fat 3.1g
Cholesterol 73mg
Sodium 64mg
Total Carbohydrates 0.0g
Protein 26.7g

with GREENS serving times 3
Calories 45
Calories from Fat 4
Sodium 32mg
Total Carbohydrates 9.6g
Dietary Fiber 3.9g
Sugars 6.4g
Protein 2.9g

DINNER:
similar to lunch

So a normal WEEK DAY would consist of:
Breakfast #1 or #2
Snack #1 or #2
2 fruits
Lunch
Snack #1 or #2
1-2 fruits
Dinner
A shake or some cheese

Although I have to admit that I tend to skip the first snack if I’m at school

[quote]fatcat wrote:
Personally I think you should eat as many solid fruits and vegetables (not concentrate juices) as you want, even when on the anabolic diet. being like 10 grams over on the carbs isn’t going to hurt any progress, just be more discerning on the carb up weekends about making sure to avoid crappy refined carbs. [/quote]

Fruits aren’t the main concern. I just mentioned it, cuz it seems like it could be gotten rid of.
However when I just went through my list, I think I should switch the milk with tea.

i think you are thoroughly confused on what the anabolic diet is. furthermore i think you are trying to be a little too “advanced” than you need to be.

please stick to the basics before you go jumping on the latest “bandwagon diet”. John Berardi’s 7 habits article is a good start.

You are trying to eat bread, apples, oats, and milk on the AD and wonder why your carbs are high?

Dumbass.

During the week, only fat and meat. Bacon, butter, sausage, cheese, fatty beef; no chicken salad shit. And fuck fruit. It’s overrated.

That’s your problem, what you’ve posted isn’t the Anabolic Diet at all. There is no bread, oatmeal, milk, none of that during the week on the AD. Think meat, leafy veggies, meat, leafy veggies, and then some more meat. Add some olive oil. And you’ve got your basic AD diet menu.

I would suggest you either read, or re-read the diet terms before giving it a go, or try something a little different. The 7 Habits mentioned above are good for any diet, so learn those before you get started on anything. I know that’s still something I work on.

Might want to actually read the book my friend. It seems as though you have the wrong idea.

To all: I read the book. I know I’m not doing it right. I know what needs to be done.
I posted this because I’m one of those idiots that need the “kick in the face” and “extra push” in order to follow it.

Keep the ragging coming, because you’re absolutely right. Also might throw in a few things you had problems with, and how you overcame these obstacles.
Thank you.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
i think you are thoroughly confused on what the anabolic diet is. furthermore i think you are trying to be a little too “advanced” than you need to be.

please stick to the basics before you go jumping on the latest “bandwagon diet”. John Berardi’s 7 habits article is a good start.[/quote]

I don’t care if I’m trying to be a little too advanced. I’m done bullshitting around. As much as I have to agree that Berardi’s 7 habits are useful (believe it or not I used to be wayyyy worse before I read it) the AD makes the most sense to me.
It’s not that i’m jumping on the bandwagon. I actually didn’t know that AD is well known. Nobody around me ever heard of it.
So yeah. But thank you for your input(no sarcasm)

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
I don’t care if I’m trying to be a little too advanced. I’m done bullshitting around. As much as I have to agree that Berardi’s 7 habits are useful (believe it or not I used to be wayyyy worse before I read it) the AD makes the most sense to me.
It’s not that i’m jumping on the bandwagon. I actually didn’t know that AD is well known. Nobody around me ever heard of it.
So yeah. But thank you for your input(no sarcasm)[/quote]

Dude, I’m going to be honest with you.

You don’t need a diet, you just need to eat. I’m serious. I’m, slightly taller than you, but I weigh a good 100+ lbs more. I love the AD, but at your level of development, you just need calories!

Us tall skinny guys have to go to extremes. Pop-tart and PB sandwiches are a good staring point. You will grow faster on a “junk food/high protein diet” than anything else, I promise.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:

You don’t need a diet, you just need to eat. I’m serious. I’m, slightly taller than you, but I weigh a good 100+ lbs more. I love the AD, but at your level of development, you just need calories!
[/quote]

Yeah, I hate you.

As for having trouble sticking to the AD - seriously? It’s the easiest, best diet I’ve ever tried. You really think oatmeal and fruit will keep you under 30 carbs a day?

I’m going to go with Brant and suggest you just start eating, assuming that you’re trying to put on mass.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:

Yeah, I hate you.

As for having trouble sticking to the AD - seriously? It’s the easiest, best diet I’ve ever tried. You really think oatmeal and fruit will keep you under 30 carbs a day?

I’m going to go with Brant and suggest you just start eating, assuming that you’re trying to put on mass.[/quote]

I feel like I should tell you that I saw your deadlift videos and I am totally in love with you.

Anway, back to the OP. When I see things like [quote]believe it or not I used to be wayyyy worse before I read it[/quote] that does make me worried that you might have some food/body issues. Now. it’s not my place to get involved in shit like that, but I think you need to think about you goals and why they are important to you.

Here’s an example of my diet, it’s perfect for the AD;

06:30 - 2 HRX caps + 2 TRIBEX Gold

07:10 - 1 Scoop Protein shake with 1 serving of Psyllium Husks, 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon powder and 5g of Leucine.

07:15 - 3 Eggs (1 Omega 3) with 3 stalks of Celery.
Supps - Fish Oil (3 caps), CLA (2 caps), Ginko and Green tea with Ginseng.

11:00 - 1 Tuna steak.

12:30 - 2 HRX caps + 2 TRIBEX Gold

14:00 - 1 Scoop Protein Shake with 1 serving of Psyllium Husks, 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Powder and 5 grams of Leucine.

14:30 - 125g - 150g of Chicken or Turkey (breast meat) with 100g-125g of either Broccoli, Lettuce, Cucumber or Cauliflower.

16:30 - 1 Tuna Steak with Harrissa Paste.

19:30 - 125g - 150g of either lean beef or oily fish (rainbow trout, salmon etc.) again with a 100 - 125g side of steamed veg from the list about.

22:00 - ZMA

23:00 - 2 Scoop protein shake with 1 serving of Psyllium Husks, 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Powder and 5g of Leucine.

That’s a good template to begin with. Over 300g protein and under 30g carbs, fats are high, but that’s OK.

LR

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:

Yeah, I hate you.

I’m going to go with Brant and suggest you just start eating, assuming that you’re trying to put on mass.

I feel like I should tell you that I saw your deadlift videos and I am totally in love with you.

Anway, back to the OP. When I see things like believe it or not I used to be wayyyy worse before I read it that does make me worried that you might have some food/body issues. Now. it’s not my place to get involved in shit like that, but I think you need to think about you goals and why they are important to you. [/quote]

I thought about them, over and over again. I’m past the point of inflating my ego. And eating just more calories from just about anything- did that too when I came to US 5 years ago.
Went from lanky 145lbs and about 10% bf (I could actually see my abs) to skinny-fat 173lbs with 25% bf.
I have to note that I used to be sick all the time since I was like 3 years old, and the doctors kept stuffing me with all kinds of antibiotics until I was about 14, when I started refusing them. That fucked up my stomach and teeth completely, so your suspicion about food/body issues is correct. Add genetics, lazyness and a couple of hockey injuries to the picture, and voila- here I am.

But enough about that. It’s still not an excuse to stay this scrawny, and I have had it already with all the fat guys at my gym who think they’re something.

London Runner
THANKS!
A few questions:

Would canned tuna work instead of the tuna steak as well?

How many grams of fish oil per day? (since there’s different concentrations)

I tend to honestly forget to take my supplements some days. Any tricks up your sleeve for that one?

Also, sometimes I lose motivation. How do you deal with that?

Others feel free to answer also if you’d like to.
THANK YOU!

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
London Runner
THANKS!
A few questions:

Would canned tuna work instead of the tuna steak as well?[/quote]

Sure, go for it. But you don’t want to have too many low fat options during the day, or you won’t have any energy to burn. Think red meat, and it doesn’t even have to be lean. Indulge in a few steaks.

Make it a habit. You surely have some other things that you have to do each morning or evening. Make sure that taking your supplements is part of that routine. Or consciously add them to your meals when you’re planning your meals for the day/week.

If you truly want to make changes in your physical appearance, looking in the mirror should be enough motivation. Set clear goals for yourself. No one on here is going to be able to tell you anything except you have to put your mind to it, and settle for nothing less than achieving and even surpassing your goals.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:

I tend to honestly forget to take my supplements some days. Any tricks up your sleeve for that one?

Also, sometimes I lose motivation. How do you deal with that?

Others feel free to answer also if you’d like to.
THANK YOU![/quote]

As for supplements - I put all my supps in a pill box every night before bed, and carry it around with me (in my cooler or purse) so I can’t forget that I have em.

Motivation - set realistic goals with specific deadlines. As you hit a goal - set a new one.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
London Runner
THANKS!
A few questions:

How many grams of fish oil per day? (since there’s different concentrations)

[/quote]

15g a day minimum, 25-30 max. IMO use it all year.