Carbs in Ready Made Things

ok, this may sound like a dumb question…but it has been bugging me for a few weeks now…i work at a nutrition store and therefore indulge myself in the various RTD’s and bars we sell, however…what i am wondering is how to tell what kind of carbs are in these things, meaning fast verse slow digesting, high gi verse low gi…etc…any ideas?

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
what i am wondering is how to tell what kind of carbs are in these things[/quote]

well…maybe you should read the ingredients label ?

Mat’

[quote]mat_angus wrote:

[quote]stokes1989 wrote:
what i am wondering is how to tell what kind of carbs are in these things[/quote]

well…maybe you should read the ingredients label ?

Mat’
[/quote]
bwahahah…smart ass

Haha.

Aside from the ingredients label, just knowing the basics of nutrition should dictate the rest. Brown Rice? Low GI. Sugar? High GI.

Not sure what answer you’re looking for.

im talking more along the lines of things that are a little more blurred than just brown rice and sugar…like take a syntha 6 banana rtd, the label says 16 grams of carbs…thats what i meant, but looking back on this post im starting to realize that it was kinda an obvious answer lmao, whoopsie…

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
Haha.

Aside from the ingredients label, just knowing the basics of nutrition should dictate the rest. Brown Rice? Low GI. Sugar? High GI.

Not sure what answer you’re looking for.[/quote]

Except that the glycemic index has the accruacy of the Body Mass Index. You look fantastic, but this BMI…says your fat! Glycmeic Load is slightly better, but even then where looking for the results of Insulin not Blood Glucose levels.