T Nation

Carbs for 3000 Calories/Day?

Assuming one was eating around 3000 cals per day on a bulk, what kind of proportion of that should be carbs? Around 500g?

Go do some reading. You obviously have no clue.

But to answer your question a common breakdown is 40/40/20 protein/carbs/fats. It depends which is why you need to read.

I would personally go with 750g

Thanks hrdgnr, your people skills are unrivalled. I only ask because on another forum, someone said I was hugely over-carbing by having 300g carbs per day!

[quote]ShutUpAndSquat wrote:
Thanks hrdgnr, your people skills are unrivalled. [/quote]

Thanks. Now fuck off and eat.

1KG per day simply because it sounds cool

[quote]ShutUpAndSquat wrote:
Thanks hrdgnr, your people skills are unrivalled. I only ask because on another forum, someone said I was hugely over-carbing by having 300g carbs per day![/quote]

Don’t worry about what other people are telling you, just try it and find out for yourself.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
1KG per day simply because it sounds cool[/quote]

Bag of rice a day. Easy.

My god does this thread make sense to anyone ?

3000 cals ?

Work it out for yourself, EVERYONES body is different you may need more or less than the next guy.

Dont follow some blanket statement, when people tell their body to do something they just fuck it up, listen to your body its WAY better at managing you than you are.

Incase you didnt get that:

EXPERIMENT

Depends on goals, your individual insulin sensitivity, how much protein you eat on a daily basis (thermic effects on overall metabolic rate), activities chosen and their specific durations (Met coefficients)…

you’re not getting an actual number for an answer.

S

I’m surprised the correct answer has not been posted yet.

OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

250 grams of carbs would be 1000 calories, making 33.3% of your calories. Use fats for another 33.3% and proteins for another 33.3% to get an equal balance.

You can juggle the macros around to suit your goals, a lot might go with around 50 grams carbs.

Figure out how your body responds and adjust accordingly, but don’t get too carried away, if your progress stalls, just eat more.

[quote]300andabove wrote:
My god does this thread make sense to anyone ?

3000 cals ?

Work it out for yourself, EVERYONES body is different you may need more or less than the next guy.

Dont follow some blanket statement, when people tell their body to do something they just fuck it up, listen to your body its WAY better at managing you than you are.

Incase you didnt get that:

EXPERIMENT[/quote]

Yeah, dude… Seriously… 3,000?

Are you trying to bulk up from a mean 105 lbs?

JUST EAT A SHIT LOAD!

Stop asking, start doing.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
I’m surprised the correct answer has not been posted yet.

OVER NINE THOUSAND!!![/quote]

LOL.

Over nine thousand the whole thing?

I used to eat at least 300g+ carbs just for lunch. Now I am a slightly smaller McFatty since I stopped.

Everyone’s different, and it’s important to find what’s right for YOU. Only way to do that is through experimentation while taking note of the results you’re seeing.

There’s plenty of calculations out there you could use to get a good starting point to begin with. Check out some John Berardi articles. Thib’s nutritional advice is pretty sound as well.

But just as an example…I currently eat anywhere from 2,700-3,000 calories a day, and get in about 270-310g of carbs coming from fruits, quinoa, oats, veggies, and sweet potatoes/yams. Right now I’m losing fat and gaining muscle with that, but at the same time I’m a young 22 year old who lifts 5 times a week with moderate to high volume in addition to basketball and volleyball.

So our needs, suffice it to say, are in all likelyhood completely different. That’s why alot of these guys are getting after you in this thread (which is still uncalled for IMO). There’s no universal answer to this question that will apply to everyone.