Carbs & cholesterol

I think I might have hijacked this post because originally it was about cholesterol, but nevermind… :slight_smile: Anyway, I am very dedicated to this game and I will not give up. You see, I have a hard time trying to get to lower bf levels. Very hard time. Another problem is excessive skin from dieting since I lost 123 lbs of blubber and muscle using sheep-high-carb-low-cal diet 18 months ago. My body is very comfortable around 20 % bf, yes, 20 % and when I get there, I can eat all I want and I will not get any fatter, but I am not satisfied with being 20 %. Anyway, I also have some kind of homeostasis point around 90 kg where I do not gain or lose and I have to take additional actions to achieve either. There is another thing we did not address here. 1. Considering obvious IS problems, I guess many so called “fat hardgainers” are people who might be diabetic (Type II). 2. Some of the people who have a hard time gaining muscle or losing fat also could have thyroid problems. 3. Testosterone levels. This is something that was not extensively discussed here except T-levels. I am very strict when it comes to my dieting, I do not eat one kCal more or less than planned, no cheats, I do my cardio and my weight workout religiously, however, I see guys that come to my gym, clear up their diet a bit (a bit!!! no food logs, no high protein, no fats, nothing!) and end up in a month being 9-10 % bf - and it is a real endeavour for me. Something must be wrong here in the big picture. I know we are different but it is not normal to gain fat this easily. I also experimented with this once to see my limits - I stuffed everything I could down my piehole to see the effects during a couple of weeks. You know how much I gained? An average of 7.7 lbs/week, lots of muscle, even more fat and water. That is not normal. I do not think somebody with an average metabolic rate would be able to do something like that - and I do think something is wrong here. Of course, you can always experiment with Metformin, thyroid hormones and roids, but that is topic for another part of this forum. Later.

I hear your- it sucks but that’s what it’s all about. One man trash is another man’s treasure- you can phrase it however you want. When it comes down to it, though, you are always the only one who knows what is right for you. Personally, I think it is a hell of a lot more impressive to see someone completely transform themself by learning proper diet and training techniques than it is to see some guy with great genetics and no common sense whatsoever get huge. That is what I like most about bodybuilding- it’s as more like a science than a sport. Plus, unlike other sports, you are completely on your own. Sure, you can follow others’ diet and training protocols, but in the end, it is always you picking up the fork or lifting the weight. And, when all is said and done, you know that you have yourself to thank. Oh yeah, weren’t we supposed to be talking about carbs and cholesterol? Maybe it’s time for a new thread…