Carbs After Cardio

Hey guys, quick question. I always take a fast acting carb source after a lifting session but have rarely done this after cardio. I’m now doing a lot of HITT cardio stuff and have found recovery difficult without carbs after.

Should I be taking a carb source after cardio work, bearing in mind im about to start cutting? How soon after, straight away? Should I have been doing this all the time? Thanks.

i don’t think you need any carbs after a hiit session. it’s just counter productive. HIIT is still cardio. the purpose of it is to keep the metabolism elevated after and to continuously burn fat…taking in alot of carbs right after a hiit session greatly slows down fat-burning.

Some whey, bcaa’s and glutamine post HIIT should help with recovery but not halt fat loss, try it out. it should definitely help.

[quote]Kamran114 wrote:
i don’t think you need any carbs after a hiit session. it’s just counter productive. HIIT is still cardio. the purpose of it is to keep the metabolism elevated after and to continuously burn fat…taking in alot of carbs right after a hiit session greatly slows down fat-burning.

Some whey, bcaa’s and glutamine post HIIT should help with recovery but not halt fat loss, try it out. it should definitely help.[/quote]

exactly. carbs raise insulin greatly which halts fat loss. Although, I could see why someone would consume carbs post hiit. If they have a hard time recovering and are doing a large quantity of training. If your just going to try and lose fat I would go with kamran’s advice.