Carbolin 19 News

[quote]ConanSpeaks wrote:
3 weeks, one more pound, same body fat percentage, PR in the bench. Abs look great and I’m not doing a stinkin’ thing for them.

I cut down to 40mg a day and got off of the Alpha Male. Doesn’t seem to make a differenece I still appear to be peaking.

More news later…[/quote]

Conan - I need some clarification or simply need to call BS. On 5/4 you claim you had just completed your first week. Now, on 5/9 you are at 3 weeks. What gives?

[quote]Maverick908 wrote:
ConanSpeaks wrote:
3 weeks, one more pound, same body fat percentage, PR in the bench. Abs look great and I’m not doing a stinkin’ thing for them.

I cut down to 40mg a day and got off of the Alpha Male. Doesn’t seem to make a differenece I still appear to be peaking.

More news later…

Conan - I need some clarification or simply need to call BS. On 5/4 you claim you had just completed your first week. Now, on 5/9 you are at 3 weeks. What gives?

[/quote]

perfectly clear to me that he was posting in dog years…

I’m 3 weeks into a twelve week trial of Carbolin 19. Thus far, I can’t discern any appreciable changes to body comp, which aligns with the expectations that Cy & BAJ set. I’m down 1lb. My diet and training is extremely consistant, so I WILL notice any body-comp fluctuations (I have not and will not make any modifications while taking Carbolin 19).

I’m very interested to see how Carbolin 19 kicks in over the next 3-6 weeks. Those of you expecting to experience immediate results, similar to MAG-10 or other fast acting anabolics, will be disappointed. I will say that strength is up just a tad across the board.

I’ve never used anavar, so at this point I have no comparison. I will report back subsequent to realizing appreciable benefits.

Misprint. I meant day 3 of my second week, not my third week, sorry.

As I’m nearing the end of week 2, with no significant significant change in body weight and body fat. The only change I can see is 1/8 inch on my bicep, cold first thing in the morning. Workouts are still going great, and my strength is still peaking. Used 100lb. dumbbells for inclines and a 45lb. plate strapped to my waist for pullups. What is significant about this is that I made it through my entire workout without having to drop weight. I’ve used these weights in the past but not for all 10 sets.

Again, my abs are looking great without any direct work. I have been eating clean, very clean, but I have been pigging out.

I honestly think I have seen better gains on Carbolin 19 than 4-AD-EC. Both in terms of strenght and appearance. Either my body responds better to this supplement or I am seeing the effect of upping my carbs. I was sort of low carbing it on the 4-AD-EC to tighen up for summer.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
These results are not possible, even with juice! Placebo, guys!! What’s really in there, ribose? C’mon BAJ, fess up!![/quote]

It’s really HMB. :wink:

[quote]

TC expects more Carbolin 19 in less than a month.[/quote]

YAY!!! I was SO depressed because I didn’t have the $$$ to order until 2 weeks had gone by, and then it was out of stock.

[quote]T-Bone81 wrote:
has anyone taking only 2 caps a day of Carbolin 19 seen any promising results thus far? Just curious as it seems that those taking 4 a day have been more than satisfied up to this point.[/quote]

I have been taking:

6 AM 1 Carbolin 19
2 HOT-ROX
3 Alpha Male

11 am 2 HOT-ROX

3 PM 1 Carbolin 19
3 Alpha Male

9 PM 3 ZMA

I have lost 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks and dropped 1% body fat (at 6’1" and 197 down from 24% to 23%) more importantly, My bench has gone up by 20 lbs my over head press by 20 and my deadlist by 20 as well. I have also cut an inch from my waist and added about a half inch to my chest and almos 2.5" to my quads.

Overall I seem much harder, but the growth to my legs has been most inpressive.

-e

I have been using Carbolin 19 for 2 weeks. Unlike some of the other folks I have not noticed any change is vascularity, pump, or significant change in strength. I have noticed my appetite is just off the charts. I eat relatively clean but usually struggle to consume the total calories I want. Not any more.

My other observation is when I do eat as much as I am right now I tend to gain fat in the mid section like most. Not this time. I have gained about 3 lbs without any appreciable gain in fat in my mid section.

My strength has gone up on my lifts, but at the same pace it was rising prior to Carbolin 19.

My results are highly unscientific. I do not keep a food log, I just eat as often as I can throughout the day constantly mixing protein with carbs and fat. My theory is Biotest developed Carbolin 19 to make me buy more Grow! bars.

Is anyone noticing results more in line with my observations?

[quote]reddman wrote:
I have been using Carbolin 19 for 2 weeks. Unlike some of the other folks I have not noticed any change is vascularity, pump, or significant change in strength. I have noticed my appetite is just off the charts. I eat relatively clean but usually struggle to consume the total calories I want. Not any more.

My other observation is when I do eat as much as I am right now I tend to gain fat in the mid section like most. Not this time. I have gained about 3 lbs without any appreciable gain in fat in my mid section.

My strength has gone up on my lifts, but at the same pace it was rising prior to Carbolin 19.

My results are highly unscientific. I do not keep a food log, I just eat as often as I can throughout the day constantly mixing protein with carbs and fat. My theory is Biotest developed Carbolin 19 to make me buy more Grow! bars.

Is anyone noticing results more in line with my observations?[/quote]

Red - my results thus far are similar to yours. My appetite has increased significantly, slight strength increase but no noticeable difference in my body composition.

I am on my 4th week of 4 pills a day. I bought two bottles and I’m on my 2nd bottle. So far, I’m a lot disappointed in the product. I will probably make another purchase and try to use it for 12 weeks to see if any noticeable results are achieved.

I would say even gaining 5lbs of lbm to losing 5lbs of fat weight would be so significant you would able to notice. I?d be curious to hear more feedback from other users.

guys, this is stuff you’re supposed to use for months and months.

wufwugy,

I agree with you that the results posted so far seem incredible, based on what we’ve heard. In the original Carbolin 19 thread, however, we were cautioned that the results we read about from the study were an average. Therefore, some of the subjects in the study had results far less substantial than the average; and it stands to reason that some subjects had results far better than the average.

Who knows? Maybe there’s a small segment of the population that will experience wildly successful progress, even after a short span of time.

I wish the people posting these reports would tell us:

1. What dosage are they using?
  2. What is their caloric breakdown? (Hard to do when they don’t keep a food log.)
  3. What their exercise regimen is. (I think that there would have to be greater opportunity for body comp change if you are working out heavily, even though the original study didn’t include organized and standardized exercise plans.)

If we knew more about these people posting great results after only 2-3 weeks, maybe we could start to hypothesize on the specific factors that help the Carbolin 19 process. Absent any hard data, however, I’d have to agree that it IS a little difficult to attribute their progress to “just” the addition of Carbolin 19 to their diet.

We need more data! (And I’m sure Cy and BAJ would agree.)

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
guys, this is stuff you’re supposed to use for months and months.[/quote]

The study results were predicated on a 12 week period. That said, if one is a typical responder, results should become appreciable within the 6-12 week range…I would assume.

With that in mind, the average responder might realize (based on the study mean values) a 10lb swing in body comp at six weeks.

shaking head, wondering if I made a mistake posting anything yet

Let me try to clarify. I did not mean to imply I am seeing any outstanding results or patterns of change in my body I can directly attribute to Carbolin 19. I understand this is a marathon, not a sprint. The intent of my post was to see if anyone else is experiencing the appetite surge I am. Answers to TShaws questions:

[quote]TShaw wrote:
wufwugy,

I agree with you that the results posted so far seem incredible, based on what we’ve heard. In the original Carbolin 19 thread, however, we were cautioned that the results we read about from the study were an average. Therefore, some of the subjects in the study had results far less substantial than the average; and it stands to reason that some subjects had results far better than the average.

Who knows? Maybe there’s a small segment of the population that will experience wildly successful progress, even after a short span of time.

I wish the people posting these reports would tell us:

1. What dosage are they using?[/quote]

40mg (2 pills) a day in afternoon. I use Spike in morning along with Alpha Male.

This is where I really question whether I should have posted in the first place. I have no hard data. My life is way too busy to be tracking a food log, not to mention I am not a highly organized person. I can only say that my appetite is just off the charts. I can eat a whole meal containing protein and carbs (that used to satisfy me for 2-3 hours), then 45 minutes later I am hungry again - and these are not small meals.

I have been filling in the new hunger voids with Grow! bars, usually two at a time. Since I lack any real data I was hoping to see if some other folks had the same experience as I, and also had the data to back it up.

I lift 3-4 days per week. Sunday 10x3 with three compound movements, Tuesday or Weds 5x5 with four compund movements, Thurs or Fri 3x8 with 5 compound movements. If I can fit a fourth day into the week I use it as a speed day, sort of my active recovery. I have been limiting my cardio to walking, occasional sprinting, and some BJJ at night 2-3x week.

[quote]If we knew more about these people posting great results after only 2-3 weeks, maybe we could start to hypothesize on the specific factors that help the Carbolin 19 process. Absent any hard data, however, I’d have to agree that it IS a little difficult to attribute their progress to “just” the addition of Carbolin 19 to their diet.

We need more data! (And I’m sure Cy and BAJ would agree.)[/quote]

Since I started on Carbolin 19 I have gone from 191 to 194. I am about 5’11", 33 years old. I’d consider myself an average lifter - way ahead of most, but behind many of the folks that post here.

Carbolin 19 appealed to me as a way to add some lean muscle without going through cutting and bulking cycles. My experience with with these cycles has been negative - when I am bulking I get sick of eating, tend to cheat, and put on more weight in my mid section than anywhere else. Then I look in the mirror, get fed up, decide to cut, and lose the power I just gained. The back and forth drove me nuts.

This weight gain could be attributed to any number of factors and I have no way of directly attruting to Carbolin 19. I think the 3 lbs is statistically insignifant and could easily waver back and forth from week to week.

Sorry if my post mislead anyone to thinking I am concluding this a wonder drug that will change your life in 2 short weeks. Not my intention at all. Hope this clarifies my earlier post.

I’ll see if I can clear some confusion up.

The average figure given does not mean that it will be the result seen in the “average” person. As Tshaw pointed out, it’s an average, nothing more, nothing less. For example, let’s say compound X produced an average gain of ~7 lb LBM over 12 weeks, in 15 people. To get that average, the following individual results could be seen in terms of a gain in LBM.

This is not the actual data, by the way, I’m just illustrating a point, but the principle still applies. I hope this helps to illustrate that the average wasn’t meant to predict what’s going to happen in an individual, it was simply a comparison of the avg. effects of the parent compound versus oxandrolone.

One other note, again, is that using the weight scale is not going to be reflective of efficacy. The weight either didn’t change, or in some cases decreased, as the amount of fat mass loss was greater than LBM gained. I’ve gone over more points, previously, in the other thread as well.

Don’t cAMP elevators need cycling?

what is cAMP?

thanks

BAJ or Cy,

When will the study of Colforsin be published? I would love to read it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Don’t cAMP elevators need cycling? [/quote]

If they work via G protein-coupled receptors, absolutely, but colfosin bypasses those receptors, thus down-regulation of those receptors isn’t an issue.

[quote]dryd wrote:
what is cAMP?

thanks[/quote]

A cyclic nucleotide, cyclic adenosine monophosphate. If you’re looking for more information, you should be able to find some in any physiology, biology, biochem, texts and so forth, or I’m sure a search online will give you more information. I’m pretty certain I’ve gone over all of this in detail before.

[quote]oriensus wrote:
BAJ or Cy,

When will the study of Colforsin be published? I would love to read it.[/quote]

BAJ addressed this on the “Ultimate Anabolic Bridge” thread.