T Nation

Carbolin 19 Is Back In Stock!

Looks like Carbolin 19 is now back in stock!
Anyone remember their results from using it standalone?

I tried it but can’t say I noticed anything

Oddly, I’m still tempted to try it again

60 caps/bottle, 2 caps/day (min).
3x $26.95/bottle (12 wks) = $80.85

Based on the study results, I would be able to get down to 6.5% bodyfat without losing any weight
Not that I need to be that lean, but for $80 seems worth it.
Do I expect those results? hell no. otherwise, I’d buy right now.

[quote]Bulkington wrote:
Looks like Carbolin 19 is now back in stock!
Anyone remember their results from using it standalone? [/quote]

I was a fan of it before it went “Out of Stock” for a couple years. I felt like it did what the write-up says, keeps fat away while increasing muscle mass.

Before I order more, however, I think Biotest should explain why it was out of stock (I was told a shortage of forskolin, but that was a couple years ago), what conditions changed to allow it to come back, and if any changes were made to the formula. If forskolin was indeed in short supply and is now available again, has the quality of ingredient changed?

Hopefully they can answer those questions.

The original difficulty did occur as a result of an at-the-time worldwide shortage of forskolin. As production of forskolin itself came back, unfortunately our manufacturer capable of performing the necessary chemical process did not agree to resume. I don’t know the reason. It could be that other business had taken our place in the meantime. It is very much the case that specialized equipment is required.

Many chemical manufacturers do not work with the reagent that is required (phosgene), and those that do are generally in the business of producing tens or even hundreds of tons of material, which is a different scale than required here. At any rate, negotiations with various manufacturers were not successful until recently.

The changing condition was simply finding the right match with a suitable manufacturer.

The quality of ingredient is identical to previously, with no changes to the formulation.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The original difficulty did occur as a result of an at-the-time worldwide shortage of forskolin. As production of forskolin itself came back, unfortunately our manufacturer capable of performing the necessary chemical process did not agree to resume. I don’t know the reason. It could be that other business had taken our place in the meantime. It is very much the case that specialized equipment is required.

Many chemical manufacturers do not work with the reagent that is required (phosgene), and those that do are generally in the business of producing tens or even hundreds of tons of material, which is a different scale than required here. At any rate, negotiations with various manufacturers were not successful until recently.

The changing condition was simply finding the right match with a suitable manufacturer.

The quality of ingredient is identical to previously, with no changes to the formulation.
[/quote]

Always love a Bill Roberts post. I’ve got 2 bottles to start. I just plan on taking it on my off days from Alpha Male.

Do you think the recommendation to not take Carbolin 19 and Alpha Male on the same day stands? Since Alpha Male no longer contains a full dose of Carbolin 19 but just a high grade forskolin?

Thank you for the kind words!

Even though Alpha Male isn’t using Carbolin 19 itself but rather as you say a high-grade forskolin extract, if taking Alpha Male at a given time of day, it would be best to limit Carbolin 19 to only one capsule at that time. Ordinarily, without Alpha Male, it’s optional to take either one or two Carbolin 19 capsules at a time.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
Always love a Bill Roberts post. [/quote]

x 10000

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Thank you for the kind words!

Even though Alpha Male isn’t using Carbolin 19 itself but rather as you say a high-grade forskolin extract, if taking Alpha Male at a given time of day, it would be best to limit Carbolin 19 to only one capsule at that time. Ordinarily, without Alpha Male, it’s optional to take either one or two Carbolin 19 capsules at a time.[/quote]

Great Bill, thanks so much!

You’re very welcome!

And to say the least, everyone has been very patient through that long difficulty. It really was a very long time.