T Nation

Carbolin 19 for Bulking

As quoted for the Carbolin 19 thread:

"Initially, users should not necessarily expect much if any gain in overall body weight. What occurs is a shift in body composition toward lean mass. In other words, if you’re losing fat while gaining muscle, you might have a net-zero increase in body weight, but a dramatic shift in favor of lean-body composition.

Remember, the goal here is to gain muscle while losing fat, not “bulking up.” In other words, you’re bridging, not bulking. Not only that, you’re able to bridge year-round!

With Carbolin 19, there’s no more losses because you can’t eat or train perfectly, and no more two-steps-forward, one-step-backward progress."

My question is about these few paragraphs…
It basically says to not expect any gain in overall bodyweight and that its not used for “bulking up”.

Will I be wasting my time taking Carbolin 19 if I’m trying to bulk up and gain lean muscle mass while on a calorie surplus diet wanting to minimize fat gain?

All the studies I’ve found on Carbolin 19 were on obese people, so of course they were going to show dramatic results.

Will supplementing w/ Carbolin 19 stop me from gaining mass or is it just for people at that maintenace calorie level who are just wanting to shift body composition withough a significant side in losing weight.

Honestly, if you can afford it without making sacrifices to your diet and staples, I say go for it. If the claims are correct, it should help you put on lean mass and remain in an anabolic state.

Of course, there’s always the possibility that those bold claims are just hype. I’m a firm believer in the superior quality of Biotest’s product, but Carbolin 19 left me unimpressed. On the product page, they would have you believe that it’s the next best thing to steroids.

not worth the money, a lot of people experience very little from it.

I’m currently running 3 bottles though. I don’t expect much out of it to be honest, just confirmation that it doesn’t work.

Don’t waste your time on it. Buy some Surge or Flameout instead.

i already have some of those two products

I gotta disagree with the others.

Once you have the basics covered and are in tune with your body, Carbolin 19 definitely helps increase muscularity and speeds recovery.

It’s just not the type of supplement a newbie should use because they usually don’t subtle benefits. Hell, a lot of times they claim not to even notice a difference with Creatine monohydrate.

So, if you’ve been training less than a couple of years, stick to the basics. Otherwise, it’s a great supplement for lean gains.

The 2 things I noticed on Carbolin 19 were increased appetite and increased vascularity.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

Once you have the basics covered and are in tune with your body, Carbolin 19 definitely helps increase muscularity and speeds recovery.

It’s just not the type of supplement a newbie should use because they usually don’t subtle benefits. Hell, a lot of times they claim not to even notice a difference with Creatine monohydrate.

So, if you’ve been training less than a couple of years, stick to the basics. Otherwise, it’s a great supplement for lean gains.[/quote]

True, I use it and like it. This isn’t something one should think they will see a profound effect after two weeks of use. Rather it’s over the long haul you see the benefit in muscularity provided you do your part in regard to nutrition and training.

D

Just to second (third?) these ideas, Carbolin 19 isn’t necessarily a foundational supplement, but it can make the difference once everything else is dialed in.

I noticed a big difference between the originally Alpha Male formula (which I reviewed for the site a while back) and the current one, with the addition of the Carbolin 19 being a significant factor.

So yeah, if you’re training hard and heavy, and you’re eating plenty, Carbolin 19 could be a good investment assuming you have your Surge and Flameout in place.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
HK24719 wrote:

So, if you’ve been training less than a couple of years, stick to the basics. Otherwise, it’s a great supplement for lean gains.

True, I use it and like it. This isn’t something one should think they will see a profound effect after two weeks of use. Rather it’s over the long haul you see the benefit in muscularity provided you do your part in regard to nutrition and training.

D[/quote]

uh… so if you’re training hard and heavy and your diet is perfect and you take some Carbolin 19 and notice some lean gains… how do you know it’s the Carbolin 19 and not your training/diet. That just sounds like a placebo.

[quote]obmas wrote:
uh… so if you’re training hard and heavy and your diet is perfect and you take some Carbolin 19 and notice some lean gains… how do you know it’s the Carbolin 19 and not your training/diet. That just sounds like a placebo.[/quote]

Anytime you change more than one variable at the same time, you run the risk of getting confused as to what caused results. This is why you need to pay attention to your program planning. A solid, consistent foundation needs to be laid before introducing any new supplements.

It’s also why I said “…if you’re training hard and heavy, and you’re eating plenty, Carbolin 19 could be a good investment assuming you have your Surge and Flameout in place.”

Note the four underlined steps. Training, nutrition, and basic supplements should be in place already. If they’re not, then there’s no need to add Carbolin 19 yet.

All that aside, it’s a little early to play the “placebo card.” Plenty of people have gotten results while including Carbolin 19 as part of their plan. Myself and my clients included.

You may also go through a growth spurt when using an NO2 supplement and achieve good results - doesn’t mean it’s the supplement working for you though, even though you may be led to that conclusion.

Generally, if you do something consistently for a long time, and then change one variable and have positive benefits, it’s probably working.

[quote]obmas wrote:
uh… so if you’re training hard and heavy and your diet is perfect and you take some Carbolin 19 and notice some lean gains… how do you know it’s the Carbolin 19 and not your training/diet. That just sounds like a placebo.[/quote]

When you’re well past the newbie stage and in tune with your body it becomes much easier to notice subtle yet significant differences in your physique.

By this point, you should have a good idea of how your body responds to certain nutritional and training plans, so an increase in muscularity should be easily noticeable.

Unfortunately, newbies are often changing their training program and/or diet back and forth, or they are plain inconsistent, so it’s tough for them to understand what works. They often attribute their gains to the wrong factors because of this.