Carbohydrate Depletion

[quote]debraD wrote:
Evil1 wrote:
elusive wrote:
I don’t know enough to say if this determine glycogen storage. Im not sure if fiber types relate to glycogen capacity. However, I do know that type 1 (slow twitch) fibers rely more on beta-oxidation and aerobic pathways for energy, where as type 2a & 2b (fast twitch) fibers rely almost completely on glycolysis with the break down of glycogen.

It would be great if someone else can add their knowledge in here on the subject (Bill Roberts). From all the glycogen studies I’ve seen, the studies are not too helpful. They’re either mostly done with endurance athletes (which doesn’t exactly carry over to weightlifters) or they’re done with leg extensions on weight lifters with varying results. Lyle McDonald has wrote in some detail about glycogen storage and depletion and he makes reference to the lack of solid data on the subject.

until then; the best path would be to mix endurance type lifting with HIIT etc to make sure of depletion?

What are you trying to achieve with depletion? I mean, wouldn’t an excess of depletion contribute to a loss of muscle? [/quote]

only if you don’t provide enough fat or protein at the time. Also, you will never be COMPLETELY depleted(liver keeps a store) and depletion type work is usually done immediately prior to carb-ups

all i have to say is debra’s hot lol

[quote]kunk75 wrote:
^i’ve been on a keto diet for 12 weeks and have lots of good recipes i can share if you’re interested.[/quote]

Sounds good my email is: ramfied@hotmail.com
Thankx in advance, the only stuff i can find on dutch websites are Atkinson diet recipes…

sent you a couple

I did the keto diet for a couple weeks. I lost my fat, but i was using thermos and stims to aid that.

My workouts had to be shortened, as i overtrained easier than with a good amount of carbs. Strength was waaayyy down.