Carbo Gain

I was thinking of getting some of that for carbo loading and gaining weight, does it look like a good supplement?

It is just maltodextirn. It is good for post workout drink with whey protein, or other applications when you want fast acting high glycemic carbs. Most feel dextrose and maltodextrin together is best. Either alone is fine, and if you had to pick one most would say go with maltodextrin.

For gaining weight it is not the healthiest option. It is much better to just eat more real food. If you are really desperate lots of natural peanut butter sandwiches between meals is a better option to gain weight.

Foods for Bulking:
Oats
Pasta whole wheat
Whole Wheats (bread, bagels, tortillas)
Chicken
Lean Beef
Turkey
Nuts (Almonds, Pecans, etc.)
Natural Peanut Butter/Almond Butter
Healthy Oils (Olive, Coconut)
Avocado
Fish (Tuna, Salmon, etc.)
Brown Rice
Yams
Vegetables
Eggs
Milk
Cottage Cheese
Fresh Fruit

Foods to Avoid:
Soft drinks
Sweets
Processed Juices
White bread
Saturated Fats (potato chips, fast food)
Simple Carbohydrates (except PWO)
etc.

[quote]icecold wrote:
It is just maltodextirn. It is good for post workout drink with whey protein, or other applications when you want fast acting high glycemic carbs. Most feel dextrose and maltodextrin together is best. Either alone is fine, and if you had to pick one most would say go with maltodextrin.[/quote]

I used to use it alot to make my post workout drinks but ever since I started using Surge I don’t use it much. It’s usually a good buy though at the price if you use it.

Why not just eat carbs? I’d much rather have bread, pasta, pretzels, or one of many other high-carb foods.

[quote]litespeed wrote:
Why not just eat carbs? I’d much rather have bread, pasta, pretzels, or one of many other high-carb foods.[/quote]

There are plenty of reasons but here is a question…do you carry bread, pasta, and pretzels in your gym bag?

[quote]vbm537 wrote:
litespeed wrote:
Why not just eat carbs? I’d much rather have bread, pasta, pretzels, or one of many other high-carb foods.

There are plenty of reasons but here is a question…do you carry bread, pasta, and pretzels in your gym bag?[/quote]

Sure, it’s easy to throw a bag of pretzels in there. I often look forward to something salty after training.

There are so many great carb-rich foods that I can’t imagine wanting to buy or use maltodextrin powder.

[quote]litespeed wrote:
vbm537 wrote:
litespeed wrote:

There are plenty of reasons but here is a question…do you carry bread, pasta, and pretzels in your gym bag?

Sure, it’s easy to throw a bag of pretzels in there. I often look forward to something salty after training.

There are so many great carb-rich foods that I can’t imagine wanting to buy or use maltodextrin powder.[/quote]

Maybe so, but you’re better off with malto [and dex] and a fast-acting protein source than pretzels right after lifting. Save whole-food carbs for times other than immediately post-workout. Times when you don’t want such fast-acting carbs and the ensuing glycemic response.