T Nation

Carb Tolerance

at the mo im training with a poliquin coach and doing the biosignature. weve learnt that im carb tolerant but still amnt quite sure how i should include this in my diet. my bf is 7.5% and was wondering if i go low carb diet will it have an opposite effect on my because of my carb tolerance?

I wouldn’t worry about a low carb diet at that bf%, you can probably get away with quite a few carbs.
Do you happen to be a skinny bastard btw?

[quote]oisin browne wrote:
at the mo im training with a poliquin coach and doing the biosignature. weve learnt that im carb tolerant but still amnt quite sure how i should include this in my diet. my bf is 7.5% and was wondering if i go low carb diet will it have an opposite effect on my because of my carb tolerance? [/quote]

unless your ridiculously skinny, i would say keep eating what ever your eating if your 7.5%

haha no i wouldnt call myself skinny. 89kg but the problems on the stomach, 9.9% there so no six! apparently due to my stress levels!

I’d be stressed if I was at 7.5%.

Anyway, if you’re carb tolerant, then a low carb diet wouldn’t do you any special good, but it would still work if it’s less calories than you’re burning.

However, people often experience drawbacks to a low carb diet, like impaired workouts, or just generally feeling like ass. You might have a higher than usual chance of these effects.