T Nation

Carb Refeed and Keto

hey all i’ve been on a low carb diet coming up to a month on monday and decided to reward myself and reboot my metabolism with a carb refeed day…was planning on having the following

breakfast

• 2 ham and cheese toasted sandwhich(whole grain bread)
  • cup of oatmeal with maple syrup

before work

• 2 cans of tuna

lunch at work

• subway chicken fillet with all salads

preworkout

• coffee with 2 sugars

dinner

• spaghetti bolagnaise

during the day i’ll be working my way through a liter of whole milk, then just having water and green tea

i realize there is a fuck load of carbs in this however how long would it take me too go back to a state of keto? i realize protein is low as I aim to take in 220-300 grams of protein a day so i’ll probably consume a shake or some protein bars but how does this look for a carb refeed day? will this be enough to give my metabolism a much needed boost?

Include more fat.

I’ve had some insane refeeds myself recently, and lemme tell you, all that insulin… I wanted nothing more than to just sleep all day! -lol

Adding fat would probably slow the spike you’d get a little bit. I don’t know if you’re a fish oil guy or not, but I try to pop 3-4 capsules with every feeding throughout the day (except PWO).

S

Fish oil at most meals is a must for me also. Wow Stu, sick picture. Nice leg, really. lol.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’ve had some insane refeeds myself recently, and lemme tell you, all that insulin… I wanted nothing more than to just sleep all day! -lol

Adding fat would probably slow the spike you’d get a little bit. I don’t know if you’re a fish oil guy or not, but I try to pop 3-4 capsules with every feeding throughout the day (except PWO).

S
[/quote]

your not kidding about wanting too sleep, yeah i take two tablespoons a day, once after breakfast and once after dinner…i dont include it cause it’s a given every day(well most)