Carb/Protein Recovery Drink

I am looking for any leads on a good carb/protein/BCAA powder in BULK to use for training large groups of people. Accelerade and Endurox powder tastes pretty bad and I doubt people would gulp it down…I need something I can purchase in really big quantities that wouldnt break the bank, could mix up in big tubs for people to drink during 2 hour training sessions or all day (12 hours) training sessions in extreme weather conditions.

Something with possibly the 4:1 or 3:1 carbs:protein, with some anti oxidants and BCAAs. A few of the big name brands make good tasting drinks that are decent but cost way too much and cant buy in big bulk containers.

Basically need fuel for doing SWAT schools that are mini boot camps sort of, Officer Survival Schools that include a few hours of DT, then obstacle course and hours of foot chase and shoot house scenarios, and also intense group PT sessions.

I know cops dont dial in their nutrition enough, and when coming to certain schools are scared to eat for fear of getting sick, so they could come in with an empty tank, then be in extreme heat for 12 hours fighting and running their tails off under extreme stress…

Any suggestions or leads please let me know! It cant be super expensive as you know Im on govt budget!

No one has any suggestions?

Don’t have an extremely cheap suggestion for ya but Biotest’s Surge is the business and when you consider a serving costs about the same as a 32 oz. Gatorade, it’s really not all that expensive.

IMO you won’t find a more effective post w/o drink.

[quote]boost wrote:
Don’t have an extremely cheap suggestion for ya but Surge is the business and when you consider a serving costs about the same as a 32 oz. Gatorade, it’s really not all that expensive. IMO you won’t find a more effective post w/o drink.[/quote]

That’s what id say as well.

You’re asking for a LOT in a BCAA, Carb, and protein drink, so if you want anything of quality you’re going to pay more than a few pennies.

And, depending on the event, you could also really dillute the Surge and it will go further as well.

I mean if your doing this during an activity its unlikely they would need it at a % that equals a whole serving per, say, cup of water etc.

Phill

good ideas…I actually was thinking about getting Surge and just diluting it a bit. Gotta get some samples or buy some out of pocket to let people taste test it before I can get the agency to go for it…

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
I am looking for any leads on a good carb/protein/BCAA powder in BULK to use for training large groups of people. Accelerade and Endurox powder tastes pretty bad and I doubt people would gulp it down…I need something I can purchase in really big quantities that wouldnt break the bank, could mix up in big tubs for people to drink during 2 hour training sessions or all day (12 hours) training sessions in extreme weather conditions.

Something with possibly the 4:1 or 3:1 carbs:protein, with some anti oxidants and BCAAs. A few of the big name brands make good tasting drinks that are decent but cost way too much and cant buy in big bulk containers.

Basically need fuel for doing SWAT schools that are mini boot camps sort of, Officer Survival Schools that include a few hours of DT, then obstacle course and hours of foot chase and shoot house scenarios, and also intense group PT sessions.

I know cops dont dial in their nutrition enough, and when coming to certain schools are scared to eat for fear of getting sick, so they could come in with an empty tank, then be in extreme heat for 12 hours fighting and running their tails off under extreme stress…

Any suggestions or leads please let me know! It cant be super expensive as you know Im on govt budget![/quote]

fruit punch endurox tastes good

I’ll be going into detail about this topic on my new web site, but there are a few key points to keep in mind:

-keep the solution as dilute as possible

-add some table salt

-ensure that the drink tastes as good as possible

[This is perhaps the most important point, because you can have a nutritionally perfect drink, but if it doesn’t taste good (note the difference from a drink that actually tastes bad) then people won’t drink it.]

-finding a decent tasting, well-mixing, protein that doesn’t add too much thickness to the drink is going to be difficult

-If you need to add antioxidants, stick to vitamin C alone

Let us know what you decide!

Thanks so much! I will, and Ill check your site. Cops are PICKY and Im trying to push pre/during/post workout nutrition, as well during shifts. If I cant find something that tastes good they wont drink it!

Im open to ANY and all suggestions!