Carb Manipulation and Re-feeds.

Hey ya’ll, new to the forum.

So at the moment I’m dieting to lose weight.
I’m 29yrs - 5,10" - 156.5lbs (down from 162 about 2 weeks ago) and been training for about a year. Basically, I’m shaving off the last 5-6lbs or so, so I can (finally) see my abs.

I’m using a high-fat/low-carb, calorie reduced diet. Roughly:

2,000 calories a day
50% fat - 120 grams
40% protein - 190 grams
10% carbs - 45 grams

So my question is about re-feeds. How should I structure these?

I noticed the first week of dieting the weight flew off(4lbs). The second week I plateaued, then saturday I had a cheat meal(burger, fries, brownie, ice-cream), my weight went up Sunday(probably due to water retention) then on Monday I’d lost the water weight and dropped an additional 2lbs.

So is that all there is to refeeds? Just pig out one meal a week? Or are there specific carbs/calories/macronutrients I should consume?

I had a similar problem about a week ago. Heres the thread where I posted. http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2234058
I didn’t pig out, but had a carb up day which almost instantly kicked me back into fat loss.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I had a similar problem about a week ago. Heres the thread where I posted. http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2234058
I didn’t pig out, but had a carb up day which almost instantly kicked me back into fat loss.[/quote]

Cool thanks.

5’10" and 156 lbs? What are you cutting up for? Get some size on ya so you have some muscle to show after you cut. Just my thoughts. I’m 5’10" and cut to 165 at one point and still ended up lookin much too small. After this cut that I’m currently on hoping to be around 178 at 6% bodyfat or so.

uh… 5’10 and down to 156 lbs but still need to shave off the last 5 lbs?!

What the hell is wrong with the people on this board?!

Are you trying to look like a skeleton?!

S

[i]"Great thread. I just got done bulking, too! I’m up to 65 lbs from 64, and I need to cut, so I’m looking for diet pointers.

Here’s my bulking diet:

Meal 1: Diet Coke
Meal 2: Diet Coke
Meal 3: Diet Coke and 1 stick of Trident (PWO carb up)
Meal 4: Diet Coke
Meal 5: .5 slice of lettuce
Meal 6: Diet Sprite

Cheat meal: half stick of celery

I’m not sure where to cut calories. I used to drink the whole 12oz of soda out of the bottle, but I didn’t want to get too big from lifting, so I switched to fountain soda.

Please help— Maybe the V-Diet? Can I do that without all the shakes-- I mean, can I substitute tea or something?
[/i]

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
uh… 5’10 and down to 156 lbs but still need to shave off the last 5 lbs?!

What the hell is wrong with the people on this board?!

Are you trying to look like a skeleton?!

S
[/quote]

I’m one of those skinny fat dudes. My reasoning is just get rid of the love handles once n’ for all muscle catabolism be damned(Since I don’t have much in the first place) and then build from a blank slate.

But just to re-iterate, I have NO intention of being 150lbs for more then a week. July 1st I start putting on weight again.

You’d be better off just focusing on adding quality muscle and letting your increased BMR take care of the ‘excess’.

S

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
[i]"Great thread. I just got done bulking, too! I’m up to 65 lbs from 64, and I need to cut, so I’m looking for diet pointers.

Here’s my bulking diet:

I’m not sure where to cut calories. I used to drink the whole 12oz of soda out of the bottle, but I didn’t want to get too big from lifting, so I switched to fountain soda.

Please help— Maybe the V-Diet? Can I do that without all the shakes-- I mean, can I substitute tea or something?
[/i][/quote]

hahahahahahaha! Love it. Good post

Eat smart (tapering carbs/meals, healthy fats, etc). The added muscle will take care of the fat…if you lift hard

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Here’s my bulking diet:

[/i][/quote]

I’ll be referring to this exact post quite a bit, made me laugh pretty hard; good job.