Carb Intake for a Show in 8 Wks?

Obviously no one can give a real answer without pics of the figure competitor in question.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Just thought I’d share a friendly PM I received from the OP:

fit101
05/18/10
12:25 PM

Hey dumbass, I asked about Nutrition NOT how to train my client. If you’d get the needle out of your ass and use YOUR brain, maybe you could help. until then shut the fuck up!

It’s nice to see that such genius trainer can follow up his bullet proof training plans (asking general online communities) with such mature, well crafted messages. What a quality guy.[/quote]

Damn, I got the EXACT same message. And here I thought I was special.

[/quote]

Let’s start a club. First order of business? Find this low life, slap him (using the back of our hands), and then Eiffel Tower this figure athlete who he has so intelligently crafted.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]fit101 wrote:
there has got to be an easier way to figure this out?[/quote]

Experience perhaps? -lol

S
[/quote]

LOL

OP…how did you get a job as a trainer? Serious question

Synthol injected into her shoulders should lean her out.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]fit101 wrote:
there has got to be an easier way to figure this out?[/quote]

Experience perhaps? -lol

S
[/quote]

LOL

OP…how did you get a job as a trainer? Serious question[/quote]

I doubt the OP will be back. He’s probably turned to Yahoo Answers for “How to Train a Figure Athlete?”

The sad thing, (and this isn’t a dig at the OP), is that most “trainers”, who get some sort of certification, don’t really have the experience necessary to deal with the clients who either encounter problems that don’t conform to their text books, or who may desire to compete at such a high level (ie. extreme leanness combined with excessive muscle mass).

It really does take someone totally committed to constantly learning, taking notes of their own (and their clients’ progress), and almost experimenting on a routine basis to have some sort of option-bank to draw from, and make educated guesses with any possibility of success.

This is why CT gets so much respect. The guy is always trying new things himself, always researching anything he hears about, and is still as fired up to train everyday as he was when he first started (and having personally watched the man train, he busts his ass no question!)

Hell, I’ve got notes detailing every weight I’ve lifted, the types and amounts of food I’ve eaten, and even how I’ve felt during my workouts every day for the last 3 years (and every few months, I put the info in a spreadsheet to analyze patterns!) THIS is how you understand if something is working or not… Nerd?! -lol

S

The sad thing, (and this isn’t a dig at the OP), is that most “trainers”, who get some sort of certification, don’t really have the experience necessary to deal with the clients who either encounter problems that don’t conform to their text books, or who may desire to compete at such a high level (ie. extreme leanness combined with excessive muscle mass).

It really does take someone totally committed to constantly learning, taking notes of their own (and their clients’ progress), and almost experimenting on a routine basis to have some sort of option-bank to draw from, and make educated guesses with any possibility of success.

This is why CT gets so much respect. The guy is always trying new things himself, always researching anything he hears about, and is still as fired up to train everyday as he was when he first started (and having personally watched the man train, he busts his ass no question!)

Hell, I’ve got notes detailing every weight I’ve lifted, the types and amounts of food I’ve eaten, and even how I’ve felt during my workouts every day for the last 3 years (and every few months, I put the info in a spreadsheet to analyze patterns!) THIS is how you understand if something is working or not… Nerd?! -lol

S[/quote]

But you obviously have dozens of hours of free time per week. Give some info for the regular people would you pleaseeee. Not everyone has the life of a pro bodybuilder :wink:

S[/quote]

I think I should get an extra “forum certification” when I get certified ;). Seriously though I see so many people who take a few personal training classes and think they know everything. Hell one girl at my school tried to tell me she knew more than me because she was a Health and Exercise Science major…for one month.

you sound mad. u mad?[/quote]

Ya know, I came off a little harsh yesterday. My pms has passed. I just kinds stick up for guys when they need help, but ask stupid questions. Now that I think about it there’s been so many guys asking stupid questions looking for guidance. I guess it prolly gets old when you’ve been on this site for years unlike myself. He shouldn’t be training (especially figure athletes) if he needs to ask others for not just advice, but any kind of stance on training.
My apologies fellas.