Carb Help!

I need carb help. I am doing a clean bulk. Here are my questions…

1- Should I be eating carbs post workout besides my post workout shake?

2- What other carbs can I eat besides potatoes, rice, ect…What kinds of fruits?

1. If you tolerate them well without gaining fat.

2. Any kind of fruits, as long as you stay within your own macronutrient guidelines.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1825995&cr=dietAndNutrition

Do this.

[quote]boyscout wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1825995&cr=dietAndNutrition

Do this. [/quote]

Good link. Every day that I read questions posted on this site it always reinforces my opinion that there isn’t much you can ask here that hasn’t been either discussed ad nauseum or had several great articles written about the subject.

I akin this to asking people how to get somewhere when they can read a map and learn for themselves. No offense to the OP directly, but the search function is there for a reason. Dig, explore, discover. You’ll learn more that way.

cueball

I dont rly want to do carb cycling at this point. I am just focusing on a clean bulk but basically just eating cleaner. I’m also highly focused on gaining mass at this point. So is eating carbs like this ok?

I’m just gonna name the carbs I’m eating for example.

Meal 1- Oatmeal
Meal 2- Veggies/ fruit
Meal 3- Oats in post workout shake
Meal 4- Fruit
Meal 5- Sweet Patatoe
Meal 6 - none unless its from milk.

Depends on your body really. Probably better off if you increase the carbs in meal #4 and reduce them from other meals.

[quote]moofs wrote:
I dont rly want to do carb cycling at this point. I am just focusing on a clean bulk but basically just eating cleaner. I’m also highly focused on gaining mass at this point. So is eating carbs like this ok?
[/quote]

I don’t think you understand. Carb cycling=lean mass gains by timing carbohydrates to the times where they can be used most effectively–not stored as fat.

That said, you really can’t go wrong with eating fruits and veggies throughout the day. But I would keep starchy carbs (ala oatmeal, etc.) to breakfast and post work out. Which is what you’re doing anyway. Move the sweet potatoes to meal 4 perhaps (they count as a starchy carb).

good luck! lift big.