Carb Cycling

Would Carb Cycling Codex be beneficial for someone who is around 15-16% body fat and trying clean bulk ? or is that type of diet meant for someone who is already lean?

I was planning on following that diet after my next cut but but I think it might be worth a shot to try now.

I am up about 15 pounds since starting my clean bulk, some of it was fat and I am disgusted.

I am very carb intolerant. I cut out all carbs other than fruit and oatmeal 2x a week but I want to try to get back to 14% which is where I started my bulk.

I am in somewhat of the same situation. This is my carb cycle.

Mon-Legs- High amount of complex carbs in the morning and postworkout.

Tue-Chest- Moderate amount of complex carbs in the morning and postworkout.

Wed-Back- Low amount of complex carbs in the morning and moderate fact acting carbs postworkout

Thur-Off- No/Very low carbs

Fri-Shoulders- Light carbs in the mor and moderate fact acting Post-workout

Sat-Arms- Light carbs in the mor and moderate fact acting Post-workout

Sun-Off- No/Very low carbs

also do 45 min of low intensity cardio every morning

This has been working very well for me and have lost about 8lbs so far. I assume mostly fat because my lift numbers have been pretty much the same.

Hey dude,
Carb cycling is only really suited to individuals who are already lean <10% bf. At 15-16%, I would highly recommend a targeted carbs diet for lean gains. I cut down first, and am now currently on a targeted carbs diet, and getting good results. The idea is to simply keep carbs around training time, pre, during and post workout. You can add more as you progress, given low fat gain etc.

I would suggest either the above, OR a low carbs cyclic approach, where you go low carb <50g for a few days, and then about 200-250g worth of carbs on a carb up day. You dont REALLY need a big carb up and it really depends on how well you handle carbs, so its individual. You have to make sure your protein and fats are reasonably high, both with the targeted carbs and low carb diets. 1.5-1.75g/lb Pro, 0.75-0.9g/lb fats.

In the end, its all about finding out what works for you bro…so do you research and stick with one plan for long enough to assess honest results.

Goodluck,

GJ

[quote]Cron391 wrote:
I am in somewhat of the same situation. This is my carb cycle.

Mon-Legs- High amount of complex carbs in the morning and postworkout.

Tue-Chest- Moderate amount of complex carbs in the morning and postworkout.

Wed-Back- Low amount of complex carbs in the morning and moderate fact acting carbs postworkout

Thur-Off- No/Very low carbs

Fri-Shoulders- Light carbs in the mor and moderate fact acting Post-workout

Sat-Arms- Light carbs in the mor and moderate fact acting Post-workout

Sun-Off- No/Very low carbs

also do 45 min of low intensity cardio every morning

This has been working very well for me and have lost about 8lbs so far. I assume mostly fat because my lift numbers have been pretty much the same.[/quote]

How do you feel on this? It seems like you have a lot of low days and no days just one high and moderate day.

You mentioned your lifts have not changed so I that is a good thing