I weigh around 175 (well 180 today..it fluctuates often) and would estimate at about 20% bf. Lost about 40 pounds from December 2010 to June 2011 with the Slow carb diet from the 4 hour body. Then switched to very low carbs for a few months (no progress) so I figured my metabolism stopped.
To restart my metabolism and lose this extra weight, I started carb cycling with high, medium, and no (approaching zero carb) days August 22nd (Twin peak version from bb.com)..Stayed at 175 the whole time WTF.
So two days ago, I started the carb cycling from T-Nation (carb cycling codex)...but I've steadily moved up to 180 now and I'm worried all these carbs are really hurting my progress (yeah I have that carbphobia, but seriously the lack of weight loss this last month makes me believe it).
I feel like I'm literally forcing carbs down (especially on high days with 273g carbs). And what's the deal for post workout shake? I'm using tons of oatmeal, blueberries and apples on the side...people are saying use pure sugar products but I feel certain I'm gonna gain weight doing that.
My diet for today (low carb and no training) was (260g protein, 54g fat, 162 carbs)
1) 40g oatmeal, 25g whey isolate, 20g casein in a shake
2) 2 small apples (42g carbs), 45g 1% cottage cheese
3) 2 cups brown rice (about 80 carbs), 2 tbsp sesame oil (one time thing, usually fats from natural peanut butter or fish/flax oil), 45g chicken breast, some greens
4) 45g chicken breast and some spinach
5) 45g chicken breast, green beans
6) 45g casein protein, 11g flax oil caps
pretty much eat the same foods on high/moderate days with of course variations in carb amounts. and hard, intense lifting during my lunch break (about 25 mins of training) on mon, tu, thr, fri, sat or sun.
help please! i need to get in shape once and for all