T Nation

Carb Cycling Question

So i’ve decided to try carb cycling in my diet, and from what i understand, i need to choose 2 days where i eat a high amount of carbs, 3 days where i eat a moderate amount, and the other 2 remaining days i will eat a low amount of carbs.
This is for a 5 day workout schedule like i am on for the moment.

My schedule is as follows:

Mon-5x5
Tue-Interval training (30 mins, 10 intervals,45s work, 90s rest)
Wed- 3x3
Thur-Rest
Fri-Interval training (30 mins, 10 intervals,45s work, 90s rest)
Sat-HIT (1x6)
Sun-Rest

Yes i am following Mike Mahler combination training.

My question is, out of these days, which one would be the most intense, and therefore warrant higher carb intake?

I’ve been doing this and I use the higher carbs on my 2 of my heavy lifting days, so probably 5x5 and 3x3. I’m trying to cut by the way.

In terms of how many days are high, medium, and low carb, you can really set it up however you want. It makes sense to just eat more carbs on your training days and cut back on your rest days, 2 higher, 3 moderate, and 2 lower sounds like a good place to start.

I structured mine of CT’s carb cycling codex, and there is another example in Precision Nutrition that is a little more complicated with a couple more variables other than carbs.

You can always make adjustments too if you feel beat down mid-week and incorporate a refeed day.

Are you using carb cycling to gain muscle?

Ive been using this method a week and Ive gained 2kg, so definitely seems to be working good for me.

What abt your changes?

Lamach,

Nice to see some people are getting the effect of it but are you sure it’s muscle and not fat?

Lamach,

Nice to see some people are getting the effect of it but are you sure it’s muscle and not fat?

[quote]lamach wrote:
Are you using carb cycling to gain muscle?

Ive been using this method a week and Ive gained 2kg, so definitely seems to be working good for me.

What abt your changes?[/quote]

If you previously were using a low carb approach, you will undoubtelbly gain a considerable amount of water weight after a high carb day.

Time your high carb days with your 5x5 and your 3x3 and a moderate day on your 1x6 and an HIIT day.