Carb Cycling Precontest Diet?

Hello guys

I am right now on a carb cycling diet but i am not feeling good, tired, dissy, headaces, should i change to a regular diet like this and high the protein intake and lower the carb intake week by week? what you think?

Protein: 40%
Carbs: 40%
Fat: 20%

Last diet i did was 40/40/20 and had 1 cheatmeal every saturday where i ate everything i wanted in 30-60min before go to sleep and i whent from 12% bf to 7-8% in 8 weeks… right now i am 8 weeks out and i have 7% bf want to go down to 3-4% Bf

I am doing 4x55min cardio on empty stumach…
workout 5 times a week
I have a fast metabolism… off seasson i eat up to 7000 cals/day and have hard gaining weight…

Would appreciate all the help i can get…

Peace

If you’re getting 40% of your cals from carbs, I can’t imagine that’s why you’re dizzy. (UNless I read your #s wrong). I would usually keep under 100g a day for 5 days, then do 300g a day for 2, then repeat. Of course I remember reading that Cutler does ups and downs during the week, with high, medium, low, and zero days (too complicated for me-lol)

Stu

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
If you’re getting 40% of your cals from carbs, I can’t imagine that’s why you’re dizzy. (UNless I read your #s wrong). I would usually keep under 100g a day for 5 days, then do 300g a day for 2, then repeat. Of course I remember reading that Cutler does ups and downs during the week, with high, medium, low, and zero days (too complicated for me-lol)

Stu
[/quote]

hehe yes this carb cycling is to complicated for me to… here a diet plan i have set up my self… only change i do is for non training days take away pre and post workout carb meals and replace them by fat and protein meal instead… what you think?

Diet

Meal1: 12.00

2cups oats (70g), 6 egg whites, 1 cup 0.1% skim milk, 1 scoop whey protein, splenda

Protein: 55g
Carbs: 45g
Fat: 7g

Meal2: 13.00

MRM Protein bar, 100g cottage cheese 1% with unsugar frozen rasberries

Protein: 34g
carbs: 31g
Fat: 8g

Meal3: 14.30

3 100% wholegrain crispbread, 200g chickenfile, 100g lettuce

Protein: 43g
carbs: 25g
Fat: 2.5g

Meal4 Preworkout: 16.00

1 cup oats, 1 cup 0.1% skim milk, whey, 1 apple

Protein: 38g
Carbs: 35g
Fat: 4.5g

Meal5 Postworkout: 19.00

1 Nutrimeal protein bar

Protein: 37g
Carbs: 56g
Fat: 11g

Meal6 90min Posworkout: 20.30

1 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup skim milk 0.1%, 6 eggwhites with splenda

Proten: 33g
Carbs: 34g
Fat: 3.5g

Meal7: 22.30

MRM Protein bar + 100g cottage cheese 1%

Protein: 32g
Carbs: 23g
Fat: 8g

Meal8: 24.00

100g cottage cheese 1%, 20g almonds, Diet soda, 100g unsugared frozen rasberries

Protein: 18g
Carbs: 15g
Fat: 11g

TOTAL:

Protien: 290g
Carbs: 264g
Fat: 55g

I am currently on a carb cycling diet going from a chubby lineman at 282 to 230 and still going strong. I havn’t experienced any dizzyness or headaches, but as far as getting the occasional hunger pains and tiredness I have experienced those. I have experienced great results but if your body does not react well to it, then drop carb cycling and try the diet you have just written. It looks solid and you should see good results. Not sure if that helped at all but good luck!

Well Shawn, you;'ve actually got a lot of carbs there. When I’m ‘watching’ my carbs, I’ll have a bowl of oatmeal in the morning, and some post workout sugar, and that’s it!

The trick to avoiding the hunger pains is to really load in the green veggies (they don’t count towards your total carb intake).

-S

If you really wanna read about someone experienced talk about carb cycling look up Justin Harris. There is a post on here about him and carb cycling. He also has his own business, www.troponinnutrition.com