T Nation

Carb Cycling Macros

This question is regarding CT's Carb Cycling program, I also posted this question on another site, so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote there for simpicities sake.

Hey guys, this question is regarding an article over at T-Nation about carb cycling. I plan to use this technique while bulking. Here's the link for reference: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=811783

Ultimately I am trying to find out how many grams of fat I should be consuming a day as I have become confused on one part, which I'm about to explain.

Ok, they use a man, endomorph, who weighs 220lbs as their example. This person needs 3734 kcals a day to gain weight. Now consuming 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight puts this person at 330g, carbs should also be at 330g for this "moderate carb day." At 4kcal/g this means our subject is getting 1320 cals from both protein and carbs, leaving 1094 kcals to come from fat, which is 121 grams.

Ok, so for myself, I weigh 165, also an endomorph and I require 3,344 cals a day to gain. So, I need 248 grams of both protein and carbs putting me at 992 cals for each. That leave me needing 1,360 cals from fat. Now this is where I'm baffled. 1,360 cals from fat is 151 grams. That seems unreasonably high to me. I am confused as to whether I have left something out while doing the match etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.