Carb Cycling for PLing/Ath

Some background info: I have been training seriously for 15 months and just recently I have realized that my diet really needs attention. Let me start off by saying that I am not a bodybuilder but a powerlifter, however i want to be athletic and in shape. I posted a diet help topic in the PL forum and didnt get a single reply lol.

So my goal is carb cycling its kind of a simplified version that I put together based on what i have read and im just looking for suggestions. I have been doing it since last tue and so far I have lost exactly 1lb. Im more concerned with mainting/possibly building muscle while loosing fat rather than loosing fat very quickly im willing to be paitent. Im not sure my bf% but im 6-1 221.8lbs my best bench is 300 and dl 405 sqaut form is still under construction but i would guess mid 300s to parallel. I can do about 15 chins wit bw. however i have a stomach i would like to loose. here is my sample plan.

Mon-5/3/1-boring but big sqaut or dead
breakfast 4-6 eggs maybe some center cur bacon and some oatmeal
Lunch 2 scoops whey protein in 1 cup of milk and ice and a piece of fruit
dinner- fish/chicken/red meat and a vegetable with rice or potatoes

tue-light cardio -walk/bike ride
breakfast 4-6 eggs or some lean meat with some greek yogurt
lunch-2 scoops whey protein fruit
dinner-lean meat and veggie
if hungry later another shake or maybe 2 glasses of milk

wed-5/3/1 bench or press
repeat of mon

thurdsay-heavy condtioning hill sprints, pushing my car, loaded carries
repeat of tue

friday-heavy conditioning hill sprints, pushing my car, loaded carries
followed by some bike riding/swimming when it gets warm
repeat of mon

Saturday-medium conditioning-jogging or sprinting
repear of mon

Sunday-no excercise
cheat day
i dont go to crazy but i go over my gfs house every sunday for dinner so i just eat whatever they cook which could be anything from fried chicken and mac and cheese to lasagna
also its the only day i let myself eat something sweet

SO thats my basic plan I don’t need to get into contest like shape or anything just wanna maintain/build strength while looking good. All help is appreciated. I kept it simple because this is my first time watching what I eat. Also occasionally i need to eat out but it is no more that twice a week and its on my 5/3/1 days. If i do i get either a salad from chick-fil a or I go to saraku japan and get chickent teryaki double meet with white rice and veggies. So any suggestions???

Also i work out in the evenings after i have eaten dinner around 930ish on the weight days.

Carb Cycling 101

High, medium and low days.
High days usually only carbs and protein. Medium days usually carbs and protein 1st half of day, fats and protein 2nd half of day. Low days usually any where from 0 added carbs to 100g carbs.

^Obviously, it is very dependent on the person but IMO that is a decent starting point.

Are you counting macros/cals?

I’d also look up any articles by Shelby Starnes to help you start up a plan.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
Carb Cycling 101

High days usually only carbs and protein. Medium days usually carbs and protein 1st half of day, fats and protein 2nd half of day. Low days usually any where from 0 added carbs to 100g carbs.

^Obviously, it is very dependent on the person but IMO that is a decent starting point.

Are you counting macros/cals?[/quote]

I wasnt planning on it unless this didnt work. I was going to try and start slow and see how far i got but do you think i should start counting now?

[quote]Painsama wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
Carb Cycling 101

Are you counting macros/cals?[/quote]

I wasnt planning on it unless this didnt work. I was going to try and start slow and see how far i got but do you think i should start counting now?[/quote]

Yes and count/guess-timate how much you were eating before so you can see the difference. Weighing/measuring and looking at food labels is the only way to get a good number.