T Nation

Carb Cycling Diets

First of all Good morning to all my question is in ref to an article on 5/24/12 by Dan Trink called Carb Cycling for the Non counter which is the category I fall under.I very much understand that it is a base plan and that I would need to make my adjustments as I go and I’m ok with that because the plan is pretty much self explanatory and not to complicated.

But my question is this he only recommends Whey Protein for breakfast on High/Moderate days he does recommend a post work out meal with protein and carbs but I’m so used to having my protein drink right after and than a meal. Also I have a protein shake at night to try and stay somewhat anabolic. Would any one have an explanation for this and if not would anyone be able to recommend a carb cycling protocol they have tried my goal is to lose the fat and make lean gains.

Thank you

He does not recommend whey protein for breakfast, please re read.

Also, do it as written. Seriously, why is it that you want to do something different as long as it is the same as you are presently doing…

CHANGE IS GOOD. EMBRACE THE CHANGE

Either follow what is in front of you or don’t. It is, the way it is for a reason. If you don’t agree with the reasoning or don’t like it, don’t do it.

My intentions where not to change anything but to simply get a clarification of the diet. So that I could apply it correctly and not deviate from it’s expected purpose and get the results that it was expected to produce. I have never been on a diet I just try to eat the best way I think possible. I have established a goal for myself and that is to go down from 220 lbs and 16% BF to 200 lbs and 10% BF. I have looked over other diets and they have just been to dam complicated and this as written out by Mr Trink caught my attention …I look forward to embracing the change…HAVE A GOOD ONE…!!!

I find the carb counting article fascinating. I have a question, don’t pound me because I am new to the strict nutrition arena and I am like Frankie and want to drop wight and BF %. Where do the veggies fit in for the daily nutrition plan? I know you are supposed to consume vegetables but how many time a day, just once?, like around meal 4 or 5? Alos, if I want a salad with green onion, cucumber and tomatoes, where does that fit in?

[quote]Bigdog3580 wrote:
I find the carb counting article fascinating. I have a question, don’t pound me because I am new to the strict nutrition arena and I am like Frankie and want to drop wight and BF %. Where do the veggies fit in for the daily nutrition plan? I know you are supposed to consume vegetables but how many time a day, just once?, like around meal 4 or 5? Also, does a protein bar that is low or no new cards take the place of any of the meals on any given day?[/quote]

Hey Bigdog I missed it the first time I read the article also dude…I’ll quote the article…

All vegetables are allowed except for white potatoes. Although not listed on the plan, you should aim to have vegetables with every non-peri-workout meal, every day.

Starchy vegetables such as squash, beets, and root vegetables are allowed on medium and high carb days only.

Fruit is allowed on high-carb days only.

There’s your answer my friend without all the sarcasm…!!! Enjoy

Hey Bigdog in ref to your question…Also, if I want a salad with green onion, cucumber and tomatoes, where does that fit in?

I suggest we do some research and see where does items’s fall in the suggested foods category.

Spinach is a vegetable.
Technically cucumbers and tomatoes are fruits.
Onions are vegetables.
The following are technically fruits: avocado, beans, peapods, corn kernels, cucumbers, grains, nuts, olives peppers, pumpkin, squash, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. Vegetables include celery (stem), lettuce (leaves), cauliflower and broccoli (buds), and beets, carrots and potatoes (roots).Aug 15, 2012

So there you my friend. We our work cut out for us…just make it happen…!!!

[quote]Frankie-Knuckles wrote:
My intentions where not to change anything but to simply get a clarification of the diet. So that I could apply it correctly and not deviate from it’s expected purpose and get the results that it was expected to produce. I have never been on a diet I just try to eat the best way I think possible. I have established a goal for myself and that is to go down from 220 lbs and 16% BF to 200 lbs and 10% BF. I have looked over other diets and they have just been to dam complicated and this as written out by Mr Trink caught my attention …I look forward to embracing the change…HAVE A GOOD ONE…!!![/quote]

Why follow a set diet? What are you going to do after IF you reach your goal?

I’ll have an answer once I cross that bridge. But for now I know how I feel and look and a change is due.!!!