Carb Cycling Diet Attempt- Is This Right?

Hey guys, I’m a newbie to training (only been training a year or so; started lifting April 2009) and also an absolute beginner in terms of nutrition.

I recently read Shelby Starnes’ carb cycling formula ( A Beginner's Guide to Carb Cycling )And ran the numbers, I’m not sure if I’m doing this right, though, or if this diet is even right for me (hence to forum post)

Info about me:
5’8
165 lbs (75kg); 13% bodyfat
Sport: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ)
Goals: Lowering body fat %; having enough energy to train
Training schedule:
Monday: Upper Body push; BJJ at night (“High” Day)
Tuesday: Lower Body; (“High” Day)
Wednesday: Complexes; BJJ at night (“Medium” Day)
Thursday: Upper body pull (“Medium” day)
Friday: Lower Body Explosive; BJJ and MMA at night (“High” day)
Saturday: Speed&Agility Training; Complexes; maybe BJJ and MMA (“Medium” day)
Sunday: Off (“Low” day)

So I ran the numbers for the macronutrients in question:
High days:
Carbs: 412.5g
Protein: 206.25g
Fat: as little as possible

Medium Days:
Carbs: 165g
Protein: 247.5g
Fat: 57.75g

Low Days:
Carbs: 82.5g
Protein: 206.25g
Fat: 24.75g

I’m shooting blind, in a sense here, so any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

I’m not an expert, but on the low carb days I would boost up the fat intake a bit.

From what Ive read carb cycling is 3 low carb/1 high carb day. So your three days you eliminate carbs as much as possible. Eat proteins and heatlthy fats. Then on your high day you have a very high amount of carbs and calories.

[quote]ethanwest wrote:
I’m not an expert, but on the low carb days I would boost up the fat intake a bit. [/quote]

X2

I’ve used carb cycling in the past, but I already was in contest shape already.

For someone new to nutrition it may be easier finding out what your maintenance is and eating near or below that – maybe slightly higher the day you train legs.

My .02

Google “carb cycling for mma fighters”. It might give you a little extra insight into how to manipulate the macros for BJJ. It might also be the same exact recommendations as the link you posted. I didn’t check.

[quote]cameron55 wrote:
From what Ive read carb cycling is 3 low carb/1 high carb day. So your three days you eliminate carbs as much as possible. Eat proteins and heatlthy fats. Then on your high day you have a very high amount of carbs and calories. [/quote]

There are about 100 different ways to cycle carbs… there isn’t a one size fits all plan.

That’s also incredibly broad advice to go low carb/keto and then a “very high amount of carbs and calories”. Does that mean 200 grams, 500 grams, 1000 grams, 2000 grams etc?