Carb Cyclers and Weight Cutters

I’m doing a meet on Saturday June 2nd, and I am weighing right around 206-208 at days end with normal eating (400-500 carbs). To make my weight class I’m going to have to weigh in at no more than 198.5. 24 Hour weigh ins apply in the APF so I would weigh in at 198.5 @ 10AM the day BEFORE the meet (Friday).

So 2 Things.

1.) I am considering doing something very similiar to the V-Diet and real food carb cycling starting 3 DAYS before weighins. I want to follow the Chad Waterbury apporach for cutting and depleting carb stores in my body.

That basically consists of 6-7 meals a day of 4-6oz of lean meat and a green low carb vegetable and high fat intake and keep my water intake normal. I hope two days of that will get my glycogen and coupled water levels down a bit early. I would start this on Monday morning and end this on Wednesday night.

Thursday morning I would begin an all liquid diet consisting of muscle milk and water and flaxseeds with minimal water and play my water intake by ear. I may also use some metamucil to remove a bit more water and “weight”. I may only get about 2-3 meals in before cutting all eating and all water until weigh ins on Friday morning.

2.) After weigh ins, I’m going to bring the big bloat. I have consume a ton of water and calories and jack my salt intake up. I’m considering doing what I did before in my previous carb up but with better carb sources and a few eatings in resturants.

Anyone have expirence with bringing the bloat?

Thanks guys!

I wrestled in high school and guys that were overweight would put on a bunch of clothes, like multiple sweat suits and whatnot and do low intensity cardio like jogging or jumping jacks. If you did this before your weigh ins you may not have to worry about carb depleting. Hope it helps.

[quote]jit07 wrote:
I wrestled in high school and guys that were overweight would put on a bunch of clothes, like multiple sweat suits and whatnot and do low intensity cardio like jogging or jumping jacks. If you did this before your weigh ins you may not have to worry about carb depleting. Hope it helps. [/quote]

Or you could just eliminate sodium intake and keep hydration to a minimum before the weigh-in. Once you weigh in, drink up.

Bro 10 lbs is nothing to drop many of your PLer, wrestlers etc are a good 20-25 above the weight class they are in… Many of the guys i the strongman for example in the 231 class atre a good 250_ the day of.

10 lbs would be simple water and sodium manipulation. little late on the load sodium get the body used to high soduim then when you take it out you will expell excess same with wtare say 4 days out triple your water intake taking in 3-4 gallonmg at the least for a few days really get to watering the bushes.

then day prior drop to a little above normal then 24 hours out minimal youll still be pissing a storm body thinking its going to be over hyydrated. eat minimal nothing with fiber etc and go sweat like above said. jkust seat and chill.

Immediate after stepping off thats scale start slamming peditlyte the stuff to keep babies from dehydrating, you need to get that hydration back and electrolyte levels back, and go eat up a storm of fast carbs pizza etc, try and get back as much as you can

I really think you can easily drop 10 lbs without going to drastic measures no diuretics etc

Phill