Carb Cycle Plan

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
cal - 3,850
carb - 300g
fat - 65g
pro - 510g
sugar - 55g

So…wow! I ate a LOT of food today…What do you guys think of these numbers? I felt pretty good, except that I was kinda bloated, but whatever. I’d rather be bloated than starved…[/quote]

If you had a twin and both of you were dieting…combined you wouldn’t need 510 grams of protein on a high carb day.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
You don’t need so much protein on high days. I think I was getting maybe 200-250g prot on high days (maybe even 175 a couple of times), but was instead focusing on cramming in carbs and hitting at least maintenance calories.

S[/quote]

I have no idea what this guy’s trying to do.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
cal - 3,850
carb - 300g
fat - 65g
pro - 510g
sugar - 55g

So…wow! I ate a LOT of food today…What do you guys think of these numbers? I felt pretty good, except that I was kinda bloated, but whatever. I’d rather be bloated than starved…[/quote]

If you had a twin and both of you were dieting…combined you wouldn’t need 510 grams of protein on a high carb day.

[/quote]

Fuckin’ Dorian Yates didn’t even eat that much protein at 300 to 315 pounds.

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
DAY 7 (HIGH DAY)

MEAL 1: 2 cups egg whites, 1 cup oats, 1 scoop MD
MEAL 2: workout - 1 FINiBAR and 1 scoop Grow! before, 1 scoop Grow! after
MEAL 3: 2 cups oats, 2 scoops MD, 2 chicken breasts, bag veges
MEAL 4: 3 scoops MD, 1 serving blueberries
MEAL 5: 2 huge turkey tenderloins, bag veges
MEAL 6: serving sunflower seeds, 2 scoops MD

TOTAL
cal - 3,850
carb - 300g
fat - 65g
pro - 510g
sugar - 55g

Are you aware that if enough initial energy substrate isn’t available excess protein is deaminated (stripped of its nitrogen components) and the remaining chemical stucture is used to form glucose (carbs)?

"(BASELINE)

TOTAL
cal - 2500"

You said you want to get big gradually. With what’s written above, it will be more of a snail’s pace.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
You don’t need so much protein on high days. I think I was getting maybe 200-250g prot on high days (maybe even 175 a couple of times), but was instead focusing on cramming in carbs and hitting at least maintenance calories.

S[/quote]

I have no idea what this guy’s trying to do. [/quote]

x2

Seriously, man, put on 60 or 70 lbs of relatively lean mass, then start playing around with nutritional strategies that are obviously too advanced for your current level of development. Come back to us when your pushing 250+ and want to “get ripped.”

I don’t get it…you guys are saying to put on mass before getting cut, while some people (Thibs) say to cut before putting on mass…I realize that I had a lot of protein also on my high day. This was b/c I have 1 scoop MD for every cup oats, which was 3. I also had a shake w 3 scoops MD b/c I like the taste. I realize that all those grams of protein weren’t in use, but I hit a high calorie number on my high day, which was the goal. I took in around 300 g carb as well. I think the day was a success. As mentioned, I probably took in WAY too much protein, but at least I didn’t binge on shit foods like I have on past high days. If I had less protein then my cals would have had to come from either more fat or carbs - and on high carb days you’re supposed to keep fat at a minimum. I didn’t want to exceed 300g carb, and I didn’t want too much fat. I also had 2 turkey tenderloins, which came out to around 150g protein. Yes - 500g protein is rediculous, but it made for a healthy day of eating instead of an all out binge cloaked behind the excuse of a high day…Am I right? I need help, not criticism, so if you guys have any opinions please give them to me. I want to learn, not be insulted. Thanks in advance

[quote]hlss09 wrote:
I don’t get it…you guys are saying to put on mass before getting cut, while some people (Thibs) say to cut before putting on mass…
[/quote]

This is an example of you not looking at what context he says that applies to. People who are overweight to begin with will benefit from losing fat before they begin gaining weight. Actually, your post AS A WHOLE indicates you are lacking the nutrition education department which is why everyone here is telling you to do what beginners do–learn how to manipulate with a basic diet.

How was it a success when it doesn’t even fall in line with the dietary strategy you’re trying to implement. You wrote you have one scoop of MD for every cup of oats. Is this is a rule of yours (not asking in a sarcastic manner)? Carb cycling is not just a matter of hitting total calories for the day. Otherwise it wouldn’t be called carb cycling. Nor would ketogenic diets be called ketogenic diets if all that matters was hitting a caloric amount and not 60 to 70% of the diet as fat. Actually, if all of nutrition was about hitting caloric amounts, the dietetics and nutrition profession wouldn’t hold much water at all.

Yeah, that’s why you were supposed to indeed keep fat low and take in more carbs and less protein.

Further proof you don’t know what you’re doing and/or the rational behind what you’re trying to do. In what rational dietary strategy is a binge called for in the first place, let alone a carb cycling one? Overconsuming protien while keeping calories under control is better than eating shit like trans fats. But you’re not right or wrong; you just don’t know what you’re doing.

[quote]

I need help, not criticism, so if you guys have any opinions please give them to me. I want to learn, not be insulted. Thanks in advance[/quote]

No one here is insulting you.

We’re not giving you opinions. We’re telling you how this stuff works and who should use it and who shouldn’t.

for the OP:

http://www.gotstrengthblog.com/?page_id=161

Also check out Shelby Starnes’ stuff here and on Elite FTS