Carb Back Loading

And that’s just to maintain. If I wanted to drop slowly and steady I could cut it to 600g’s, then 500g etc etc. But that’s still a shit ton of carbs. I’m used to eating about 100 a day with my shake that has fruit and milk and honey in it. Woah.

I would start slow then 300 or 400 and work up to see

[quote]Siouxfan wrote:
And that’s just to maintain. If I wanted to drop slowly and steady I could cut it to 600g’s, then 500g etc etc. But that’s still a shit ton of carbs. I’m used to eating about 100 a day with my shake that has fruit and milk and honey in it. Woah. [/quote]

Seriously, I’m very interested to see what happens. Keep us up to date in detailed fashion. It would be great to hear about the quality of your lifts also.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Siouxfan wrote:
And that’s just to maintain. If I wanted to drop slowly and steady I could cut it to 600g’s, then 500g etc etc. But that’s still a shit ton of carbs. I’m used to eating about 100 a day with my shake that has fruit and milk and honey in it. Woah. [/quote]

Seriously, I’m very interested to see what happens. Keep us up to date in detailed fashion. It would be great to hear about the quality of your lifts also.[/quote]

The quality is lower at the moment, seeing as I’m training for a different goal now than I was during my powerlifting days. And the lack of carbs is already annoying lol. I’m also on HRT that I’m late for a script refill at the moment, but once all of the carbs and meds come along I’m sure it’ll be very interesting

8:00 wake up
8:30 Coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil (known from here on out as Kiefer coffee)
11:20 Second cup of Kiefer coffee
12:00 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon- 3g carbs.
13:00 Training and 2 mile dog walk
16:45 9oz chicken 1/4 cup veggies 1/4 cup cotcheese 6g carbs
18:00 Same as above 7g carbs + cup of tea with heavy cream
23:00 4 large eggs 3 strips bacon 3oz chicken 5g carbs

Total carbs: 21g

TRAINING:
Inverted row - 30 reps
Chins - 30 reps
Bench (fat gripz) - 225x5
Dips - 50 reps
One arm bb row with fat grip 75 3x10
SS
Meadows row 3x10 same weight

are you using keifers software to make these meal choices, or are you making them yourself.

just wondering cause it seems like nothing but chicken and veggies or bacon and eggs!

I didnt know the software was out. I thought that was coming out later.I must of misunderstood.

I’m making them myself. I’m just counting the carbs. Protein fat and the amount are at my discretion. To answer your question about why I eat the same things all day: It’s because it’s cheap to buy in bulk. And it’s easier to make a bunch of one type of meal and just keep eating it. Besides, who doesn’t like bacon?

Software is not out yet.

[quote]ColinD624 wrote:
Software is not out yet.[/quote]

It should be by the middle of January though.

If the book release was any indication, I wouldn’t hold out for it.

Right? We can only hope haha.

sorry my bad about the software.

and haha i understand, i could eat bacon all day!!

I will follow. I’m curious to see how back loading works.

8:00 wake up
11:00 Cup of kiefer coffee
14:00 4 eggs, 2oz breakfast sausage, 3 strips bacon - 6g carbs
14:30 Kiefer coffee
15:30 Coffee with 5 packets splenda
18:00 Christmas party destruction - 17 pieces of tri-tip (cut 2 inches long, 1 inch wide, 1/4 inch thick) along with the same number of generic meatballs. I’m estimating about 20g carbs here. This is deduced from online research into generic bulk meatballs.

I’m calling it a night here, still should be safe at just under 30g for today. Will run sprints for a few days this upcoming week just in case.

And I forgot to add, one piece of gum for 1g of carbs. And a fair amount of diet soda at the party. For those that are curious, yes this past meal cut it a little close, but with the sprints it should balance out fine. Kiefer originally stated that you could knock a good 3-4 days off the prep phase (originally 10 days) with HIIT. So that’s what I’ll do to keep things in order for the planned Christmas dinner. 7 days left of prep

8:30 wake up
10:00 3.8 mile fasted walk in an hour
11:00 Kiefer coffee
12:00 4 eggs, 5oz sausage, 3 strips bacon -7g crabs (yes I know this is going to kill me, it’s prep phase only to keep me happy lol)
12:30 more Kiefer coffee
15:00 Training
16:30 6oz chicken, 1/2 cup mixed veggies, 1.5 oz cheese - 7g carbs
18:00 Coffee with 5 splenda
20:30 1/2 cup cot cheese, 3 strips bacon, 3 tbl salsa. 8g carbs

And training for today:
Calves: 150 for 8x10 super strict

Overhead BB ext with FG 95 for 5x10

Concentration curl with FG 30 2x10 2x8 1x6

Dips 5x10

BB curl with FG 95 5x8

Since I train on an every other day basis I’ll be putting arms and calves at the top of the training totem. They need the most work. Everything else will be lumped in during a single day. So it will be Arms/calv…rest…other stuff…rest…Arms/calv etc etc etc

Is there a specific training program/s set out in the book?

None, You do whichever program you want as long as it’s not endurance based like spinning running or crossfit.