1) Height: 6?3?
2) Weight: 237
3) Number of years training seriously: 6 years
4) Training experience, including current program: Ex-competitive strongman and powerlifter. Have been using compound free weight movements my entire training career. Currently use 5/3/1, but have maxes set at MP-160, B-250, SQ-315, DL-405. Will not be going heavier than these due to injuries, but will continue to perform rep records
5) Olympic-lift variations you know how to perform: Horribly ugly power clean
6) Athletic background: None till I was 18, joined a gym. Played 2 years of competitive hockey in College
Primary fitness goal (choose one): Be less awful (fat)
Secondary fitness goal (choose one): Be more awesome (stronger)
A third goal to add into this is the ?how to look freakin awesome? post by John R. That?s my goal size wise
9) Days per week you can train: 4 usually
10) Amount of time available to train each workout: 2 hours
11) Time of day you train: currently 4-6pm
12) Do you have certain days available for twice-a-day workouts? If I wanted yes, occasionally morning fasted cardio is performed. This is usually a 4 mile walk in 1 hour. However Kiefer recommends HIIT, so the prowler is now being dusted off to be used PWO.
13) Your daily schedule: Wake up, fuck around. Will be getting my cert as a Personal Trainer after Christmas. At that time schedule will change.
14) Current injuries (if any): torn meniscus left and right knees (left trimmed 6 months ago) Strained MCL in right knee (2 years old) Cartilage damage in left knee that is being watched for second surgery. No pain, just swelling in left knee pretty much all the time lol (surgeon says it?s to be expected)
15) Lifts (if any) you need to avoid due to safety issues: squats below parallel. I now use a box.
16) Do you currently have trouble falling asleep at bedtime? No
17) When you wake up in the morning, are you an easy starter or you do
need some extra time and stimulants to start your day? Can be either. Usually easy with a cup of coffee
18) Health issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.): None
19) Total calories consumed on training days: whatever
20) Total calories consumed on non-training days: whatever
21) Total grams of carbs consumed on training days: During the prep phase all carbs on all days are kept below 30g for the next 10 days.
22) Total grams of carbs consumed on non-training days: See above.
Describe in detail your workout nutrition: Eat, lift, push prowler. No carbs for 10 days. Usually one meal before workouts. Then backload the other meals post training, or on off days space them out evenly from noon-bedtime.
Stats as of 12/16/2011 in the AM: All measurements are relaxed and non flexed. Arms at sides.
r bicep 15.5
l bicep 15.5
around shoulders 54
right thigh 25
left thigh 25
right calf 14
left calf 14
Pics will follow in the morning.
9:00 wake up- cup of coffee with 2tbs heavy cream and 1g of Coconut oil
11:30 Same cup of coffee as earlier
13:30 6oz chicken breast and 1/2 cup cottage cheese- 5g of carbs
17:00 7oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mixed veggies- 7g of carbs
19:00 3 eggs and 2 slices of bacon- 3g carbs
21:30 9oz chicken 1/4 cup veggies, 1/4 cup Cottage cheese