Carb Back Loading For Women

k, so I did some reading about carb back loading, thought it sounded pretty cool, so went ahead and bought the e-book. Having stayed up late reading most of it, I want my money back. Women can’t gorge the way men can. If I had 2 sushi rolls and desert after training, I’d be starving 2 hours later and then what?

I don’t get so excited about eating shit, because it makes me feel like shit! My favourite cheat food is fresh dates (full of fructose, bad, bad, bad!) Also the protein recommendations seem very low for cutting. Think I’ll stick to the Green Faces diet, where I can fill my tummy with plenty of protein and green veg.

Green faces is basically a more restrictive Carb Night Solution without the carb night, and is designed to cut fat, and IIRC, is supposed to be limited to 30 days. You won’t gain any lean mass running Green Faces, unless you are a freak of nature. Carb Back Loading isn’t advertised as a fat-loss diet, its advertised as a way to gain lean mass without adding much fat. So I’m not sure what you were expecting, or what your goals are, but Green Faces and Carb Back Loading are not supposed to do the same things.

So, after reading about carb back loading, what were you expecting? I’ve been running CBL for close to three weeks (after running mostly CNS for four months and losing 50 pounds) and haven’t added any fat and my gym numbers are improving. Last night after training I had a steak, rice, veggies, a pile of red velvet cake, and a quart of Haagen Daaz, what’s not to love?

You don’t need to gorge. Just eat normally, but follow the guidelines. ULC before training, post-workout whey+fast-acting-sugar, dinner = meat + rice/potatoes/whatever. Or a couple slices of pizza. Just cause some guys are pounding down 2-3k of calories in that window doesn’t mean you have to.

[quote]Waif No More wrote:
k, so I did some reading about carb back loading, thought it sounded pretty cool, so went ahead and bought the e-book. Having stayed up late reading most of it, I want my money back. Women can’t gorge the way men can. If I had 2 sushi rolls and desert after training, I’d be starving 2 hours later and then what?

I don’t get so excited about eating shit, because it makes me feel like shit! My favourite cheat food is fresh dates (full of fructose, bad, bad, bad!) Also the protein recommendations seem very low for cutting. Think I’ll stick to the Green Faces diet, where I can fill my tummy with plenty of protein and green veg.[/quote]

Carb Back Loading is quite limited for women. Most of women that I know on the forums are on Carb Nite and respond better to that in terms of fat loss.

I would suggest Carb Nite over CBL, simply because it’s very easy to overdue it on CBL, especially if you’re not training very frequently. Both systems work, but I think CBL is hard to control for women.

Waif No More, In the past few weeks you’ve started a few threads about adrenal fatigue, using gear and carb backloading for women. If you go back even further, you post about having been an anorexic teen. You are not going to get any better unless you quit looking for the quick fix to lose a few more pounds and you are most definitely going to cause yourself some health problems down the road if it’s not already too late.

Just to chime in

You can lose fat and gain a decent amount of muscle when CBL - as mentioed, just needs a little restraint when backloading. It’s all cal in vs cals out at the end of the day. I train 1 day on, on day off. Just over maintainence on training days, even when CBL with 300+ carbs (pretty much from clean sources + try to keep fats on the lower side without being to anal) and below maintainence on off/conditioning/cardio days.
Gradual increase in activity + cal reduction will get the job done as long as you monitor and adjust. No ‘one size fits all’ plan for CBL - you’ll need to do a bit of the ‘ol trial and error’

moog

What I had read about CBL appealed to me, as I do want to gain some serious muscle as well as lose fat. The author, whose name I won’t even attempt to spell claims that CBL can do both at the same time, well that made me sit up and read. I certainly wasn’t just after another quick way to lose a few more pounds. Having read most of CBL, I just don’t think I could stick to it. I like Green Faces, because the high protein and green veg fill me up.

Running Havoc at the same time, I am gaining some strength in spite of averaging 1260 cals/day, though my energy is pretty low. I thought CBL might help me do what I’m doing with a bit more energy. The trouble I see is low protein and high GI carbs but having to limit them. Eating high GI carbs makes me HUNGRY! Guess I’ll just have to stick with plan A, cut and then bulk. I contacted the CBL people about a refund of the $90 that I really couldn’t afford in the first place. So far they haven’t got back to me.

So you’re not even going to try CBL?

Women can’t gorge the way men can. If I had 2 sushi rolls and desert after training, I’d be starving 2 hours later and then what?

I don’t get so excited about eating shit, because it makes me feel like shit!

…Also the protein recommendations seem very low for cutting.[/quote]

The trouble I see is low protein and high GI carbs but having to limit them.

Eating high GI carbs makes me HUNGRY![/quote]
Judging by what Jackie Jacked wrote and your statements here I don’t think you need to go on a “diet.” I use quotes because most won’t run CBL for long periods of time when compared to Green Face which could be a life style.(IMO)

And excuse me for asking but have you even read the book? How can you make statements about having just 2 rolls of sushi after training and limiting yourself? I may be jumping to conclusions but I think you read the book and tried to fit it into your already restrictive 1200 calorie diet. You can’t cannibalise CBL to fit a preexisting diet then sit around and wonder why it just wouldn’t work.

I have read most of the book, though admittedly it was rather late at night. Perhaps I ought to read it again.:slight_smile:

[quote]JLone wrote:

And excuse me for asking but have you even read the book? How can you make statements about having just 2 rolls of sushi after training and limiting yourself? I may be jumping to conclusions but I think you read the book and tried to fit it into your already restrictive 1200 calorie diet. You can’t cannibalise CBL to fit a preexisting diet then sit around and wonder why it just wouldn’t work. [/quote]
Let me quote from page 201 “Suggestions For Females” Pont 2:
“Eat one carb meal post training and don’t binge. A couple pieces of pizza or a sushi roll or two is more than plenty. Even consider skipping the carbs in the post training shake and save them for a single meal (which may include desert.)”
Sending email number 2 to try and get me effin $90 back.

A standard roll of sushi is six pieces. Two rolls is twelve pieces. That’s plenty for many women I know. Now, add another roll and you’ve got 18 pieces and you’re gettign to the point where most “normal” men get full.

What I had read about CBL appealed to me, as I do want to gain some serious muscle as well as lose fat. The author, whose name I won’t even attempt to spell claims that CBL can do both at the same time, well that made me sit up and read. I certainly wasn’t just after another quick way to lose a few more pounds. Having read most of CBL, I just don’t think I could stick to it. I like Green Faces, because the high protein and green veg fill me up.

Running Havoc at the same time, I am gaining some strength in spite of averaging 1260 cals/day, though my energy is pretty low. I thought CBL might help me do what I’m doing with a bit more energy. The trouble I see is low protein and high GI carbs but having to limit them. Eating high GI carbs makes me HUNGRY! Guess I’ll just have to stick with plan A, cut and then bulk. I contacted the CBL people about a refund of the $90 that I really couldn’t afford in the first place. So far they haven’t got back to me.[/quote]

If you’re only intaking 1260kcals a day you’re probably eating too little. CBL may be a good option for you actually, because you’ll be able to increase your kcals w/o having much additional fat gain. Plus, you’ll have to play with the numbers. Unless you want to kill a package of Krispy Cremes in a sitting, you really don’t have to go crazy on CBL. It’s all a numbers game and how you look overall in the AM periods.

You could just try it out and see how it works, as you can do CBL clean with high glycemic carbs or dirty. I’ve been experimenting with it for about two months now with some pretty nice fat loss results, while maintaining muscle mass, if not improved. It does take a while to figure out the actual overall amount of carbohydrate that you can take in after a workout, but it is pretty easy to regulate.

[quote]JLone wrote:

And excuse me for asking but have you even read the book? How can you make statements about having just 2 rolls of sushi after training and limiting yourself? I may be jumping to conclusions but I think you read the book and tried to fit it into your already restrictive 1200 calorie diet. You can’t cannibalise CBL to fit a preexisting diet then sit around and wonder why it just wouldn’t work. [/quote]
“Eat one carb meal post training and don’t binge. A couple pieces of pizza or a sushi roll or two is more than plenty. Even consider skipping the carbs in the post training shake and save them for a single meal (which may include desert.)”
Sending email number 2 to try and get me effin $90 back.
[/quote]

I love people who want to return books.

“Oh you mean you read the whole thing and didn’t like what was in it so now you want your money back?”

What the hell do you think the $90 was for? Personal training? Fucking people, man.

Let me guess, you also ask for refunds when you didn’t like the last movie that you watched.

$90 for an e-book?

[quote]JLone wrote:
Sending email number 2 to try and get me effin $90 back.[/quote]
I stand corrected, seems I did not pay much attention to the “suggestions for females.”

I can easily put down 5 rolls of sushi; 2 rolls seems like a weight loss diet which is not what I think of when I think of CBL.

[quote]animus wrote:
A standard roll of sushi is six pieces. Two rolls is twelve pieces. That’s plenty for many women I know. Now, add another roll and you’ve got 18 pieces and you’re gettign to the point where most “normal” men get full.[/quote]
My personal best is:
1 Calamari appetizer
5 Rolls of sushi
2 Bottles of Sake and 2 Large Sapporo (Made into Sake-bombs)

I bought the e-book last night and it was only $57 (plus tax).

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]animus wrote:
A standard roll of sushi is six pieces. Two rolls is twelve pieces. That’s plenty for many women I know. Now, add another roll and you’ve got 18 pieces and you’re gettign to the point where most “normal” men get full.[/quote]
My personal best is:
1 Calamari appetizer
5 Rolls of sushi
2 Bottles of Sake and 2 Large Sapporo (Made into Sake-bombs)[/quote]

Yeah, I eat 5-6 rolls myself. I’m just saying that 2-3 is normally plenty for a woman, in my experience. Most guys (non-lifting) are done after 3-4 rolls.

Waif,

My wife and I both are running CBL. I am geared out of my skull and she is 100% natural never taken a PED in her life. She followed the guidelines as written with results that screamed “meh”. We started playing with her intake and looking at how her body looked in the morning I would tell her if she looked soft or banging hot every morning (We have been together a very long time, we are honest with each other.) until we dialed what works for her on a CBL protocol. She is still using it today and getting stellar results has a six pack and is strong as any women I have ever met.

You are running havoc? If I am not mistaken the actual compound is epistane, decent choice for females it will definitely harden you up. Your biology (female), goals, and choice of chemicals are much different than mine. For what it is worth my findings with mixing CBL and gear were that I did not gain as much mass as the standard 3-7 meals a day diet but I retained a higher percentage mass and strength post PCT while eating a la CBL.